Metal News

Filter by topic:
NAPALM DEATH To Release 'Logic Ravaged By Brute Force' Digital EP
17 Jan 2020

After a highly successful year of international touring and continued work on a new studio album, U.K. grindcore pioneers NAPALM DEATH have announced a new seven-inch / digital EP to be released via Century Media Records on February 7. The release will kick off the start of the band's "Campaign For Musical Destruction" headline European tour alongside EYEHATEGOD, MISERY INDEX, ROTTEN SOUND and BAT.

The EP titled "Logic Ravaged By Brute Force" includes the brand-new title-track as well as a freshly recorded cover version of "White Kross", originally performed by SONIC YOUTH. This double-A-side EP is yet another NAPALM DEATH collectible item and is also meant as first teaser for the ...
NIGHTWISH Announces New Album, 'Human. :II: Nature.'
16 Jan 2020

Finnish/British/Dutch symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH will release their ninth studio album, "Human. :II: Nature." , on April 10 via Nuclear Blast. The long-awaited follow-up to 2015's "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" will be a double album containing nine tracks on the main CD and one long track, divided into eight chapters on CD 2.

"Human. :II: Nature." was recorded from August to October 2019 at Röskö campsite, Petrax Studios and Troykington castle, as well as Finnvox Studios, by Tero Kinnunen, Mikko Karmila and Troy Donockley. The mixing was done by Mikko Karmila at Finnvox, with Tuomas Holopainen and Tero Kinnunen. Mastering was done by Mika Jussila at Finnvox.

The t ...
RIP Neil Peart
10 Jan 2020

Neil Peart, the drummer and lyricist for Rush, died Tuesday, January 7th, in Santa Monica, California at age 67, according to Elliot Mintz, a family spokesperson. The cause was brain cancer, which he had been quietly battling for three-and-a-half years. A representative for the band confirmed the news to Rolling Stone.

Peart was one of rock’s greatest drummers, with a flamboyant yet utterly precise style that paid homage to his hero, the Who’s Keith Moon, while going well beyond that example. He joined singer-bassist Geddy Lee and guitarist Alex Lifeson in Rush in 1974, and his virtuosic playing and literate, wildly imaginative lyrics – which drew on Ayn Rand and science fi ...
Watch MY DYING BRIDE's Music Video For 'Your Broken Shore'
10 Jan 2020

British doom metal veterans MY DYING BRIDE will release their new studio album, "The Ghost Of Orion", on March 6 via Nuclear Blast.

The new MY DYING BRIDE record features a more accessible style compared to some of the band's past, highly technical releases. "The Ghost Of Orion" features compositions not only of epic proportions but of intimate quality too, from death metal vocals to the pained cries of a vocalist in longing. The LP will raise and fall like the beautiful landscape of Yorkshire in which it was recorded.

With layer upon layer of guitars both heavy and harmonic, Andrew Craighan has created a rich soundscape that is beautifully epic, enhanced with violins a ...
MAYHEM To Release 'Daemon' Album
12 Aug 2019

Norwegian black metal veterans MAYHEM will release their sixth studio album, titled "Daemon", on October 25.
By the power of darkness and with the might of black-hearted will no two MAYHEM albums have been or will ever be the same. Over the course of MAYHEM's storied and groundbreaking 35-year career — from "Deathcrush" (1987) through "Esoteric Warfare" (2014) — the Norwegians have continuously challenged the orthodoxy of the genre they helped create. Originally informed by greats HELLHAMMER, VENOM, BATHORY and SODOM, MAYHEM eventually imbued its damnable attack with influences from all over the music extreme spectrum, indicated first on the harsh and angular "Wolf's Lair Abyss" ( ...
Listen To New OPETH Song 'Heart In Hand'
12 Jul 2019

"Heart In Hand", a new song from Swedish masters of progressive heavy rock OPETH, can be streamed below. The track is taken from the band's 13th album, "In Cauda Venenum", which will be released on September 27 via Moderbolaget / Nuclear Blast Entertainment.

Recorded last year at Stockholm's Park Studios, "In Cauda Venenum" will be released in two versions, in both Swedish and English languages. Various physical and digital formats will be available.

Commenting on the new song, vocalist/guitarist/songwriter Mikael Åkerfeldt says: "'Hjärtat Vet Vad Handen Gör' or 'Heart In Hand' as it's called in English is one of the first couple of songs I wrote for 'In Cauda Venenu ...
CATTLE DECAPITATION To Release 'Death Atlas' Album In November
12 Jul 2019

San Diego-based deathgrind masters CATTLE DECAPITATION will release their new album, titled "Death Atlas", on November 29 via Metal Blade Records. The disc was once again recorded at Denver's Flatline Audio with producer Dave Otero.

Otero stated about "Death Atlas": "I am completely exhausted, but incredibly proud of the album we put together. I can assure you that no corners were cut, no details were overlooked, and that hard work was poured into every second of the record from start to finish. I can't wait to share it with the world."

CATTLE DECAPITATION vocalist Travis Ryan added: "It's been a grueling two months but we have something truly special to share with you ...
Former ANGRA Singer ANDRÉ MATOS Dead At 47
08 Jun 2019

André Matos, former lead singer of the Brazilian metal bands ANGRA and VIPER, has died at the age of 47. His death was confirmed by ex-ANGRA drummer Ricardo Confessori, who wrote on his Facebook page: "It is with deep pain in our hearts that we say goodbye to André once again, this time definitively."

André performed last Sunday (June 2) at the Espaço das Américas in São Paulo with SHAMAN and also made a guest appearance with the show's headliners, AVANTASIA.

AVANTASIA leader Tobias Sammet wrote on his Facebook page: "I am devastated by the tragic news about the passing of my friend André Matos whom I shared the stage with only five days ago. I am in shock. My th ...
OPETH To Release 'In Cauda Venenum' Album In The Fall; Track Listing, Artwork Unveiled
22 May 2019

Swedish masters of progressive heavy rock OPETH have today the title and track listing of their 13th album, "In Cauda Venenum", due out in the fall via Moderbolaget / Nuclear Blast Entertainment.

Recorded last year at Stockholm's Park Studios, "In Cauda Venenum" will be released in two versions, in both Swedish and English languages. Various physical and digital formats will be available and additional details will be announced in the coming months.

"In Cauda Venenum" track listing:

01. Livet's Trädgård / Garden Of Earthly Delights (Intro)
02. Svekets Prins / Dignity
03. Hjärtat Vet Vad Handen Gör / Heart In Hand
04. De Närmast Sörjand ...
DEVIN TOWNSEND To Release 'Empath' Album In March; Details Revealed
16 Jan 2019

Canadian heavy music artist Devin Townsend will release his new album, "Empath", on March 29 via InsideOut Music.

In the lead-up to the album's release, Devin will walk fans through how "Empath" came together with a series of documentary episodes recorded as phone conversations during the course of the albums recording. Watch him explain more in the video below.

Devin comments: "Hello everybody, this is Devin Townsend and I would like to formally announce that after almost a year and a half of working, I have finished 'Empath'. Now, this record has taken me down a lot of very interesting psychological and technical avenues and the process was documented from the very ge ...