Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:53 pm

Post subject: Jucifer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:10 pm 
Ist Krieg

Sludge metal? Anybody ever heard 'em? Seen them mentioned quite a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:42 pm 
Metal King

Fucking awesome band. Metalsucks has a preview track from their new album up just now.

Check out If Thine Enemy Hunger, that's probably their easiest to get into (from what I've heard).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:54 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Been around for years, no? Husband-wife duo? Decent, never really heard more than a few tracks however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:56 am 
Metal King

Yes, I haven't heard much, but I've enjoyed what I have heard. I might see them in April, actually, as I believe they're coming around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:58 pm 
Ist Krieg

BUMP. Seriously, anyone who digs sludge or really pretty music should check them out. After seeing them live last summer, I am a huge fan.

I Name You Destroyer has a great pretty/ANGRY dichotomy that is really great amidst heavy riffs and really just different drumming patterns. The EP Lambs is also really awesome and has a few oddities in terms of tracks given length within the genre but it's possibly my favorite minutes by them. For those who really just want brutal sludge, their newest album Throned in Blood is a beast. Sludgier, more distorted riff fest a la High on Fire minus the Pike virtuosity, with really pretty lady/sludge moments like SubRosa or Jex Thoth. Ultimately, the band's almost schizophrenic approach to albums is what is so awesome. They go from serene little tracks that you might get from Zooey Deschanel (like the track Surface Tension) and then it goes to brutal metal (like in the track Queen B http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp2ufrY-WqE).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:44 am 
Metal King

They seemed to drop the poppier stuff when I saw them live. They were quite loud for a long time. I wish I could get into specifics, but I was very, very drunk. I've been meaning to get their newest album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:23 am 
Ist Krieg

Wintermute wrote:
They seemed to drop the poppier stuff when I saw them live. They were quite loud for a long time. I wish I could get into specifics, but I was very, very drunk. I've been meaning to get their newest album.
They totally drop the pop from their live set. That was probably one of the more brutal shows I've seen. The wall of amps or speakers or whatever was pretty impressive (http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/199157_1881449442620_1432830007_2112657_1197804_n.jpg). The guy is just a beast on the drums. His punching shit and banging the skins with whatever he could find was crazy. She was a scary banshee in her own right. But the riffs were amazing.

Their newest album is legit.