Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 am

Post subject: Enabler
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:53 am 
Ist Krieg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Go9FAaqg8

The fretwork and that then breakdown are so intense. Saw this band last night and it was so sick. Sludgy hardcore done quite exquisitely.

http://www.myspace.com/enablermilwaukee

Last edited by traptunderice on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:50 am 
Karma Whore

Eh Mastodon sounds better then this well at least the Remission and Leviathan era Mastodon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:40 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

Remission and Leviathan are both great albums, but their new stuff sucks incredibly. They should at their best just have continued their grindish experimental sludge stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:12 pm 
Metal King

My word this is awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:33 pm 
Karma Whore

stevelovesmoonspell wrote:
Remission and Leviathan are both great albums, but their new stuff sucks incredibly. They should at their best just have continued their grindish experimental sludge stuff.

Oh I agree. Crack The Skye sucked very bad not their usual stuff. Wish they would go back to their earlier stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:02 pm 
Ist Krieg

Ignore the Mastodon comparison and talk about how awesome that song is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:49 pm 
Einherjar

I find it very interesting how everyone who is open to Mastodon's change of direction seemed to enjoy Crack the Skye. In other words, I haven't heard anyone say, "I like Mastodon's decision to expand their sound, but they didn't pull it off on Crack the Skye." it's all, "New stuff sux, bring back Leviathan". You enjoy prog metal by other bands, why can't you enjoy prog metal by Mastodon? And damn good prog metal at that.

That first Enabler song is, indeed, pretty goddamn awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:01 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

I still think Blood Mountain is better than CTS, but the latter is pretty good, retrospectively.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:46 am 
Karma Whore

heatseeker wrote:
I find it very interesting how everyone who is open to Mastodon's change of direction seemed to enjoy Crack the Skye. In other words, I haven't heard anyone say, "I like Mastodon's decision to expand their sound, but they didn't pull it off on Crack the Skye." it's all, "New stuff sux, bring back Leviathan". You enjoy prog metal by other bands, why can't you enjoy prog metal by Mastodon? And damn good prog metal at that.

Oh come on I enjoy death metal but I wouldn't enjoy it if say bands like Kamelot went death metal. Just because someone likes a particular niche doesn't mean they want it in a band they enjoy that isn't a part of their sound.

For example I enjoy prog metal but when Sonata Arctica went more prog than power they went downhill starting with Unia.

I enjoy rock but when Edguy starting doing more rock than power they went downhill starting with Rocket Ride.

See my point just because someone enjoys a certain style doesn't mean they enjoy it in a certain band that they like especially when it sacrifices their core sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm 
Metal Lord

MetalStorm wrote:
stevelovesmoonspell wrote:

Oh I agree. Crack The Skye sucked very bad not their usual stuff. Wish they would go back to their earlier stuff.

Heh, I love every single Mastodon album tbh. Not just love, absolutely adore. But anyways I found that Enabler song to be s'alright, nothing mind bending but pretty solid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:39 pm 
Einherjar

MetalStorm wrote:
heatseeker wrote:

Oh come on I enjoy death metal but I wouldn't enjoy it if say bands like Kamelot went death metal. Just because someone likes a particular niche doesn't mean they want it in a band they enjoy that isn't a part of their sound.

For example I enjoy prog metal but when Sonata Arctica went more prog than power they went downhill starting with Unia.

I enjoy rock but when Edguy starting doing more rock than power they went downhill starting with Rocket Ride.

See my point just because someone enjoys a certain style doesn't mean they enjoy it in a certain band that they like especially when it sacrifices their core sound.

Valid points. I guess I just find it hard to believe that anyone could actually think Crack the Skye sucks...it's too damn good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:46 am 
Karma Whore

heatseeker wrote:
MetalStorm wrote:
heatseeker wrote:

Valid points. I guess I just find it hard to believe that anyone could actually think Crack the Skye sucks...it's too damn good.

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it but for me it's just boring and bland.

Sorry but that's JMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:58 am 
Ist Krieg

I like this. Will listen to full album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:06 am 
Ist Krieg

noodles wrote:
I like this. Will listen to full album.
It's honestly their best song but End of the World Party is another great one. I thought it stood out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:57 pm 
Metal Lord

heatseeker wrote:
MetalStorm wrote:
heatseeker wrote:

Agreed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:27 pm 
Ist Krieg

This song is pretty good. Not something I'd listen to the hell a lot but it is pretty solid.

And of course, the Mastodon comparison is stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:10 pm 
Ist Krieg

I've just listened to their whole album and this is pretty fucking sweet. Recommended to all. They have a great future ahead of them.

This sounds more like Converge than anything. I'd say its like a mix of Converge and, well.. Crowbar or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:37 am 
Ist Krieg

Eden Sank to Grief? They also have a pretty decent EP from last year as well, War Begins With You.

I still hold that they sound like a more hardcore version, I guess a more Converge-y form of Mother Puncher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:18 am 
Ist Krieg

Yeah, eden sank to grief. Very good release although a bit short.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:30 am 
Metal Lord

Mastodon doesn't seem like it would be a black metal song or w/e at best like an atmospheric black metal band but still nothing like this