Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 157  Next   
 Post subject: The TV thread.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:42 pm 
Karma Whore

We don't have anywhere to discuss TV at the mo', so tell us what you've been enjoying. I've been watching Flight Of The Conchords, shame the series has ended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:08 pm 
Metal Lord

blah.... I don't watch TV(actually I rarely watch TV)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:27 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Actually i have been watching heroes lately...pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:20 pm 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

Heroes: i dunno... a few episodes into season 2 it starts getting a bit stupid, with some really dumb powers (namely that hispanic chick's crying thing and micah's cousin's power).

i've been watching Seinfeld. i remember when i started a thread called "Seinfeld is criminally overrated" but now i think i finally got it. it's not the kind of show where you can start watching halway through an episode and get the laughs.

Post subject: Re: The TV thread.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:29 pm 
Karma Whore

Mintrude wrote:
We don't have anywhere to discuss TV at the mo', so tell us what you've been enjoying. I've been watching Flight Of The Conchords, shame the series has ended.

Actually, its gotten a second season! Something I'm very happy about, because its one of the funniest shows in a long time.

But I really don't watch much TV at all, save for the occasional South Park, Simpsons or Seinfeld episode these days, now that Journeyman has been permanently cancelled and Entourage, Flight of the Conchords and Curb your Enthusiasm are in mid season.

I did get into a now cancelled HBO show called Carnivale recently through its DVDs- fantastic show, and one that distracted me heavily from exam studying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:46 pm 
Metal King

House is pretty much my favorite show at the moment. I don't wtch much tv though, usually i just watch older shows online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:16 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Azrael wrote:
Heroes: i dunno... a few episodes into season 2 it starts getting a bit stupid, with some really dumb powers (namely that hispanic chick's crying thing and micah's cousin's power).

Yeah i agree... have just watched 5 episodes of the second season and it seems not nearly as good as the first one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:02 am 
Metal Queen

I watch house and E.R religiously. I'm an E.R fiend. I'm in the middle of watching season 1, as well as season 6, and then the current season. I also enjoy alot of those makeover shows on TLC and wedding ones, etc. I also watch alot of seinfeld and friends.

All in all, I don't actually watch alot of television. Basically tuesdays and thursdays for an hour. And then if I'm bored, which is rarely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:40 am 
Einherjar

I never really watch TV, I just download all the shows I want to see. Right now I'm watching Jericho, which is awesome, feels sort of like the Fallout games, I'm almost done with it though so I'll have to find something new to watch. Any recommendations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:39 am 
Metal King

I love tv! TV shows are better then films imo :wink:

Heroes is amazing, and season two is great. Can't wait for it to come back.

Prision break is back soon to! Looking forward to that aswell.

And we get new battlestar glattica this year (if the writers get off strike that is)!

Been watching the x files recently to, just started season 5 last night. Such a great show.

EdgeOfForever, what kind of shows do you like? All of those 4 ^^ it'd strongly recommend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:53 am 
Einherjar

stuartn15ted wrote:
I love tv! TV shows are better then films imo :wink:

Heroes is amazing, and season two is great. Can't wait for it to come back.

Prision break is back soon to! Looking forward to that aswell.

And we get new battlestar glattica this year (if the writers get off strike that is)!

Been watching the x files recently to, just started season 5 last night. Such a great show.

EdgeOfForever, what kind of shows do you like? All of those 4 ^^ it'd strongly recommend

Ah, I've seen the first three. I tried watching season one of The X-files a few months ago, it was good but I didn't really get that addiction that I usually get when I start watching a new show. My favourite shows are dramas though, character driven stuff like Oz, and I like some crime shows like Dexter. I've been planning to start watching The Wire or Rome, they both seem really amazing.

Edit- Wow, I think I need to check out Carnivale, it looks incredible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:59 pm 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

i have to check out Carnivale, Deadwood and The Sopranos.

EdgeOfForever: Lost!! all 3 seasons are great, the only episodes i don't like are the first few in season 3, but after those the series pick the pace up again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:31 pm 
Ist Krieg

Season 6 of 24 started like they were trying to break the mould a little then by the end had just turned into season 4 again. :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:16 pm 
Metal King

Radagast wrote:
Season 6 of 24 started like they were trying to break the mould a little then by the end had just turned into season 4 again. :sad:

Yeah, season 6 was the worse since the first. Shame really, not sure if they're gonna be able to resuce it or not, hopefully they will coz 24 is one of the best around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:50 pm 
Einherjar

Azrael wrote:
i have to check out Carnivale, Deadwood and The Sopranos.

EdgeOfForever: Lost!! all 3 seasons are great, the only episodes i don't like are the first few in season 3, but after those the series pick the pace up again.

Man, I hate that show. I used to watch it when season one had just started airing, it was ok until I realised that the story wasn't going anywhere. They started asking more and more questions but they never answered any, except for in the season finales where they'd answer one of the hundreds of questions, then they'd leave you with a massive cliffhanger but forget all about it in the next season.

They should've ended the show at season two, instead they just kept wingin' it, and it's obvious that the writers have no idea where they're taking the show, the fact that they've ordered another three seasons of it just proves that the story is being stalled until the final season. Maybe I'll start watching when they're done fucking around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:19 pm 
Einherjar

I rarely watch the tele. The rare times I do is for weekend football.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:01 am 
Ist Krieg

stuartn15ted wrote:
Radagast wrote:

Yeah, season 6 was the worse since the first. Shame really, not sure if they're gonna be able to resuce it or not, hopefully they will coz 24 is one of the best around.

Have you heard who the villain is in Season 7?

*sigh* :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:16 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Don't have a tv, I do tend to rock the boxsets somewhat. Snap 'em up cheap and then forget about them for ages.

Currently watching:
Alias s2
Deadwood s1
Just finished Peepshow s3
Started League Of Gentlemen s1 again

Love Lost, and like Heroes and 24 but went off the latter in s6 when I realised how crap it was getting. Felt the same about s4, but they redeemed themselves with s5.

Currently waiting to watch:
Bones s1
Rome s1
Complete Father Ted
Peepshow s4
Knowing Me, Knowing You (the first Alan Partridge thing)
Tru Calling s1
Supernatural s1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:16 am 
Karma Whore

I watched the first two seasons of 24 and generally enjoyed them- but by the time we got to season 3, I just gave up. Too many plot twists that make no sense and come out of nowhere, too much filler (though nothing was as bad as that part in season 2 where Kim fought cougars), too much everyone obstructing Jack Bauer despite him being the only competent person to ever exist. After the initial "this is cool", the format of the show just stops working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:36 am 
Karma Whore

I have been watching Borat's Television Programme. It's very good indeed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 157  Next