Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 310, 311, 312, 313, 314   
 Post subject: Re: Now Gaming
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:16 pm 
Metal Lord

I'm really looking forward to a package next week, hopefully next thursday or friday. I just ordered an australian import of the NEW 3DS version that just came out there since it's not due for release in the EU until spring 2015. Really looking forward to the improved 3D functions and lots of other new features. There will games that will only be compatible with the new system and and the CPU is much faster compared to the older models. Smash Bros for the 3DS is a prime example of taking advantage of the new faster 3DS with cutting the load times in half as well as Monster Hunter running at a higher more stable framerate. They also added two new shoulder buttons and a C-stick. Can't wait to try it out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:23 am 
The Commish

Beat Shadow of Mordor and then my Xbox One died. 3 generations of systems, had to send each one in for repairs (360 was sent in multiple times). What's the definition of insanity?

Beat Far Cry 3 for the 360 and started AC: Rogue while my XBone is in for repairs.

Even though it's glitchy as fuck, I won a free copy of Assassins Creed: Unity because I'm a MMA nut and I know that the original from of combat sport in France is called Savate! (I don't usually win contests, so this was exciting to me)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:12 am 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

picked up Defense Grid 1 and 2 on Steam, plus Borderlands 2 and Hotline Miami.

i've only played DG1 and HM so far, both really cool.

might pick up Half Life 2... yes, never played it before. admittedly the slight horror/creepy element, at least judging from the demo, really gets to me.

also, is it just me or is Trine 2 boring as fuck? it's just a boring fucking platformer with pretty graphics.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:54 pm 

Borderlands 2 is awesome, Half Life 2 is PERFECT. holy shit, i can't believe i only played it now. also can't believe there are like 7 fast and furious movies but only two Half Lives (plus the episodes).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:22 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Got bored quickly with Borderlands 2 but yeah, HL2 is a classic. Do play the episodes 1&2 as well.

Brought Far Cry 4 and Advanced Warfare recently after skipping a few COD games.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:54 am 

i'm definitely picking up the Episodes, as soon as i catch them on sale.

got Just Cause and JC 2, plus Saints Row: The Third. JC i gave up after half an hour, it's just unplayable by today's standards imo, look forward to JC2 tho. SR3 playing now, seems fun let's see.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:22 pm 
Metal Lord

Bloodborne. It's kicking my ass...brutally. But i keep coming back every time for more punishment and i'm loving (and hating) every second of it. It feels REALLY satisfying to kill a boss you've been stuck on for a long time and the sense of accomplishment and victory when you do defeat your enemies is immense. Very few games make me feel this way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:53 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

The Necrodude wrote:
Bloodborne. It's kicking my ass...brutally. But i keep coming back every time for more punishment and i'm loving (and hating) every second of it. It feels REALLY satisfying to kill a boss you've been stuck on for a long time and the sense of accomplishment and victory when you do defeat your enemies is immense. Very few games make me feel this way.

I've been catching up on PS3 exclusives after being an xbox fanboy for ages, one of which includes Dark Souls 2, and it's kicking my arse. Currently stuck on the first boss, can't wait for this feeling of satisfaction once I kill it that everyone keeps telling me about!

Been playing a lot of Hearthstone lately after it came out for phones, though. Ridiculously addictive.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:08 pm 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:

Been playing a lot of Hearthstone lately after it came out for phones, though. Ridiculously addictive.

Were you ever a Magic player?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:24 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

North From Here wrote:
Goat wrote:

No. A friend at school was into it, but it was all a bit expensive and complicated for me at the time. Enjoying Hearthstone a lot though, it's basically a (very) simplified version isn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:53 am 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
North From Here wrote:
Goat wrote:

No. A friend at school was into it, but it was all a bit expensive and complicated for me at the time. Enjoying Hearthstone a lot though, it's basically a (very) simplified version isn't it?

You have it in a nutshell. Magic thus far has failed to be as good online as Hearthstone is.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:38 pm 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
North From Here wrote:
Goat wrote:

You have it in a nutshell. Magic thus far has failed to be as good online as Hearthstone is.

I play way too much Magic Online as it is, and pretty sure Hearthstone would ruin my life due to how much better it is.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:07 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Finally brought a ps4 as a late birthday present to myself, so if any of you have ever secretly wanted to shoot me, now's your chance!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:59 pm 

Finished Saints Row 3. Quite good. Just Cause 2 won't work on my computer for some reason ffs.

Rented a house in the countryside with my friends for a few days, we had a ps3 and 4 controllers and i swear not one of them was working well. my cousin has a ps3 and both of his controllers have issues, he had a ps2 before and had to get it replaced, plus again both his ps2 controllers had issues.

a ps3 controller costs $50 on Amazon US, probably more in your local shop. i find it ridiculous that a $50 piece of hardware has such a tendency to fail. if it's not buttons getting stuck or ceasing to work, it's the fucking analogue stick "cover" thing that peels off. i am never buying a sony console until i am convinced that they finally got their shit together with hardware.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:44 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Brought the Resident Evil 2 remake and been blown away by that. Still creepy despite the updated controls (had my heart pounding more consistently than, say, Resident Evil 7 did) and a certain man in a hat can go thoroughly fuck himself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:05 pm 

i bought a Nintendo Switch with Zelda and Mario Kart in November and it was the best/worst thing i've ever done.

it's a fantastic piece of technology. the new Zelda is one of the most amazing games i've ever played, easily up there with Half Life 2 and Portal 2, my other single player favourites. Mario Kart is insanely fun in multiplayer.

Will pick up the Zelda DLC at some point, and also Mario Odyssey.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:35 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Continuing the soulsbourne epic trip I started a while ago, having been pounded into hatred by Dark Souls 2 (just finished the DLCs minus nonsense like Ancient Dragon and the Darklurker (who am I kidding, I'll probably come back to both at some point)) it's Sekiro time! First impressions are that it runs much less smoothly than the DSs or Bloodborne on my trusty crusty ps4, but I like the style and simplified, pro-parry combat loop. That was always my weakness in the Soulses but it seems much easier to accomplish here - so far at least...!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 310, 311, 312, 313, 314