Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:28 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174  Next   
 Post subject: Re: The Football thread
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:55 am 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

France 1998 - champions
France 2002 - shit
France 2006 - finalists
France 2010 - shit
France 2014 - ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:34 am 
Ist Krieg

Germany tying Ghana? What is the deal this year: are a bunch of small countries gonna be in the top 4-8 (plus boring Brazil, of course)?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:44 am 

.. apparently.

shit game from Portugal. fuck this national team. they've been shit since 2008 but they always got by, but now it's out in the open. half the team is represented by the same agent (Jorge Mendes, Ronaldo and Mourinho's agent), the team arrived in Brazil 4 days before the first game (most teams arrived 2+ weeks before), preparation was in cool Campinas when the two first games would be played in scorching hot Salvador and Manaus, the incompetent manager was given a contract extension to 2016 (European championships) before the World Cup even started, and there is no mandate from the federation to Portuguese clubs (especially the Big 3 of Benfica, Porto and Sporting) to seriously support young Portuguese players.

this an absolutely shocking demonstration of incompetence at every level.

Cristiano Ronaldo is the world's greatest player, he's probably in the best shape of his life, and all his immense talent is being squandered playing with the likes of Postiga and Meireles. Portugal was insignificant in world football until about 2000, when Figo and Rui Costa's "Golden Generation" (2 time under-21 champions) came of age, and all their effort is being poured down the fucking drain.

fuck this national team. i hope they get humiliated by Ghana, might be they finally wake the fuck up and do something.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:59 am 

Portugal got what they deserved. maybe clubs will wake the fuck up and start investing in local talent. if small countries like Uruguay and Belgium can do it, so can we. on the other hand, for both countries it's the first good generation of players if who knows how long, same as Portugal had an awesome generation that finished around 2006/2008. the netherlands are proof that some level of consistency is definitely possible, though.

to everyone's dismay, Portugal's manager declared that he will NOT be resigning at least until 2016 :lame:

this WC is turning into Copa America with a few invited teams. current favourites: Germany, Brazil, France, Argentina, in that order.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:18 am 
Einherjar

USA onto the Round of 16! First back to back trips ever I believe. Defense has been rock solid throughout the tourney but lack of possesion remains a glaring deficiency for our side. The road ahead only gets tougher with an undefeated Belgian squad waiting in the wings.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:36 pm 
Ist Krieg

Yay, so glad Brazil advanced via the PK. Reminded me why I don't particularly care for this sport.

Go Belgium.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:18 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

They squeezed through, Chile were unlucky. Hmph. :lame:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:56 pm 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
They squeezed through, Chile were unlucky. Hmph. :lame:

I realize they can't play forever, guys will have their legs fall off. Still if Brazil somehow wins the whole thing now...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:27 am 

1-1 was a fair result. Chile obviously punching above their (theoretical) weight, but the draw as a fair result.

penalty shootouts are indeed awesome for the neutral observer. as a fan who's been through one, though, let me make it clear: that shit is the worst.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:17 pm 
Metal King

Ah ! So, both Germany and Netherlands have a chance to be in the finals. Like both teams. A Germany vs Holland final would be good. Advantage is, I will be happy if any of them win. My sympathies are with Holland though. They've failed in the finals many times.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:08 am 
Ist Krieg

Thy Serpent wrote:
Ah ! So, both Germany and Netherlands have a chance to be in the finals. Like both teams. A Germany vs Holland final would be good. Advantage is, I will be happy if any of them win. My sympathies are with Holland though. They've failed in the finals many times.

I was disappointed Belgium lost, they were kinda my adopted team because I liked their style.

I'll go with Netherlands the rest of the way, as long as Robben somehow screws up in the process :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:13 am 

Netherlands deserve to win for all their history, but the best squad is Germany imo. i put them as favourites now, as i think Brazil are kind of poo without Neymar (although you never know... France maybe even improved without Ribery - but i don't see it happening here). without playing in a spectacularly dominating fashion, they are very solid. Neuer is fucking wall at the back, and they have a great record vs. Argentina, too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:39 pm 
I live with my parents!

Brazil 0 - Germany 5

The first half is not even over yet! Speechless. However, Germany is my favourite team. What a nightmare and carnage for Brazil.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:41 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Came to make sure people were watching this. What an absolute kicking Brazil are getting. It's oddly hilarious.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:47 pm 
I live with my parents!

Goat wrote:
Came to make sure people were watching this. What an absolute kicking Brazil are getting. It's oddly hilarious.

Definitely "oddly" hilarious. I wonder about tomorrow's game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:31 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Aaand another.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:35 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

:lol: :dio:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:54 pm 
Ist Krieg

:lol: :dio:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:23 am 

holy fucking shit.

the result was made in those 6 minutes with 4 goals..... awful, awful defending from Brazil, in positioning (the defense was placed waaaaaaaay ahead of what would be wise against a team as good as Germany) as well as concentration and rhythm - they made many ridiculous mistakes and just seemed to be playing at a lazy pre-season pace.

Germany have been incredibly consistent since WC 2006 and they are now reaping the rewards of breeding a brilliant generation of footballers. the present team that most deserves to take home a World Cup win is Germany, the side whose history ought to have earned them a WC by now is england.

on a lighter note, the internet is on fire tonight.

plus jokes like
"not even the volkswagen factory can make 4 Gols in 6 minutes" (VW Gol is a model made for the south-american market, produced here in Brazil)
"it was a touching tribute to Neymar. with their teammate unable to play due to injury, the entire squad elected not to play"
"brazil was kroosified"
"the yellow wedding"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:38 pm 
Ist Krieg

Azrael wrote:
"it was a touching tribute to Neymar. with their teammate unable to play due to injury, the entire squad elected not to play"

lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174  Next