Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:30 am

Post subject: Artwork : Stormrider
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:30 am 
MetalReviews Staff

This section is dedicated to propose metal bands with original and affordable artwork for their albums / demo / other projects. The images shown here can easily be bought for your projects / albums. If you're interested by any of the images in this forum, then don't hesitate to send me an email.

The forum format was used so that metalheads around the globe can give their opinions about the artwork displayed here. Constructive comments and critics will be highly appreciated ! Wherever you like it or hate it, please let us know why.

Artwork by Chris alias Saiyan (Manticora, Steel Prophet, Hubi Meisel,...)
More artwork here : Music Artwork

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:12 pm 
Metal Slave

erm..this ones kinda cool but i honestly can't see it on the cover of an album. Maybe a video game. BG: Dark Alliance 3?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:41 pm 
it's looking too CG to be a good cover artwork imo... haven't you got anything that could look less CG in your works ?

imo, this looks much better :

EDIT : I took the image off since it confused the debate so much

btw, I'm gonna use this one for a home compilation of power/trOO metal mp3... :D hope you won't mind... :roll:

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: nope I don't
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:19 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Hi,

Well this is CG too... only the shadow of the guy is drawned by hand, the rest is 100% CG. As for the rest of my artworks, nope, everything is CG as I find this media perfect to work with and I don't intend to go back to pencils any day soon. As for Dragon Fury, as long as it remains a home compilation, I guess you can use it, but do not distribute this compilation with my cover on it, thanks.

Also, when you want to show me images, please email me directly. And please avoid putting links to other images in this part of the forums. The idea is to discuss each piece of artwork presented here without any reference or comparison to other pieces (even when its my own).

Thanks,
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:58 pm 
Einherjar

wow these are really good.

Post subject: Re: nope I don't
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:12 pm 
Chris@MetalReviews wrote:
Hi,

Well this is CG too... only the shadow of the guy is drawned by hand, the rest is 100% CG. As for the rest of my artworks, nope, everything is CG as I find this media perfect to work with and I don't intend to go back to pencils any day soon. As for Dragon Fury, as long as it remains a home compilation, I guess you can use it, but do not distribute this compilation with my cover on it, thanks.

Also, when you want to show me images, please email me directly. And please avoid putting links to other images in this part of the forums. The idea is to discuss each piece of artwork presented here without any reference or comparison to other pieces (even when its my own).

Thanks,
Chris

ok, no problem

what I meant by too CG is it looks kinda artificial... I'm sure for seing it that you can do something all CG that looks less CG and so can be far mor suitable for a metal cover art... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:19 pm 
Karma Whore

:twisted: i want to see you do someting which incorporates satan and atleast one pentagram..oooohhh yeeeeh. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:59 am 
Svartalfar

it's good but it looks too "animé" to be a metal cover art... looks more like a Kiddy music album cover to me....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:55 am 
No offence, but that looks like the elf from those crappy R.A. Salvatore books...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:36 pm 
DeliriousNomad wrote:
it's good but it looks too "animé" to be a metal cover art... looks more like a Kiddy music album cover to me....

maybe a special cover to appeal the japanese audience?

Post subject: Which artwork are you talking about ?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:44 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Which artwork are you talking about ? Stormrider or the Dragon Fury half-cut version ?
Thanks

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:18 pm 
Einherjar

I think it looks very Devil May Cry-ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:48 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Chris, I dont know if you remember me emailing you about this a while back but since some of the posters here have brought it up again Ill say it once more that I'll bet you a million dollars in a brown paper bag that if you approached video game companies that make RPG's and stuff like that as well as metal bands youd be one seriously overtime working dude.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:28 pm 
Karma Whore

Ben@MetalReviews wrote:
Chris, I dont know if you remember me emailing you about this a while back but since some of the posters here have brought it up again Ill say it once more that I'll bet you a million dollars in a brown paper bag that if you approached video game companies that make RPG's and stuff like that as well as metal bands youd be one seriously overtime working dude.

Ben

yeh, but youd make lots a money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:50 pm 
Yeah, I don't see this as a metal cover either, even though it's very cool. Definite video game cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:27 am 
Jeg lever med min foreldre

kickass!

it's really cool, but honestly, i think cg in a metal album makes it look cheesy and of dubious quality.

ever considered videogames? i'm serious here! not just covers, i mean making characters and stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:02 am 
Metal Fighter

Hey Chris, what program do you use for the CGI? Maya? Max?

IMO if you photoshopped it abit to look like a painting then it'll be ok for a metal album cover.

Post subject: It is photoshoped already :)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:21 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Hi,

I used Poser & Photoshop mainly...
The problem with video games, is that they rarely hire someone external for their artcover (as far as I know at least). Usually its done by the same guy working on the title...

Thanks for the comments,
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:12 pm 
you have to try to make a few Iron Maiden artworks... seing Dance Of Death, your art could perfectly suit and easily surpass it... Just send it to Rod Smallwood, the man can smell the money pretty well so he'll see you can do great work and then help sell more of his artists records ! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:46 am 
Svartalfar

it's okay. One thing catches my eye; the arm of the lady looks sorta weird?