The original cover 47%  47%  [ 15 ]
This one (Planet Crusher Red version) 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
This One (Planet Crusher Blue version) 22%  22%  [ 7 ]
None of them is fitting an Iron Savior album 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 32
 Post subject: Artwork : Planet Crusher
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:51 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Artwork by Chris alias Saiyan (Manticora, Steel Prophet, Hubi Meisel,...)
More artwork here : Music Artwork

This section is dedicated to propose metal bands with original and affordable artwork for their albums / demo / other projects. The images shown here can easily be bought for your projects / albums. If you're interested by any of the images in this forum, then don't hesitate to send me an email.

The forum format was used so that metalheads around the globe can give their opinions about the artwork displayed here. Constructive comments and critics will be highly appreciated ! Wherever you like it or hate it, please let us know why.

This artcover was initianlly made for Iron Savior's Battering Ram (both variations, though my favorite was the red one, now weirdly I prefer the blue). I was one of the two artist competing for the cover, but I didn't get it :(. But my artwork must have made some impression idea-wide, since the band went with a starship as a futuristic battering ram and also with the same tones (though desatured / colder) and effects (like the converging lightnings). For those who don't remember how the cover looked like, here it is :

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:56 am 
I like the blue better. I've always liked the colors on this piece of artwork and the background is awesome. My only problem is the head of the battering ram or space ship (whatever it is) seems a little too cartoony and out of place for a metal cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:44 pm 
Sorry, but I just don't like it, man. It's the medium, probably. I'm a traditionalist myself, and have always liked the traditional methods much more. It's not bad, though, it just doesn't fit the music quite enough. I think it has a lot to do with the character of both music and illustrations. Digital artwork would fit digital music (Techno) better, traditional artwork would fit music with real instruments (such as Metal), better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:14 pm 
Einherjar

Well, I think it's too bright and stuff. The original one is the best, most suiting solution for this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:52 am 
I like the original one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:15 pm 
me too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:03 am 
Metal Servant

I like the red one better !!! Chris, I LOVE all your works - don't worry - but this one is my least favourite one. I don't want you to take it bad, ok ?! I love the background and the colours VERY MUCH, it's only the "space ship" that is not my "cup of tea"...Hope this doesn't break your heart !! :oops: