Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next   
 Post subject: Re: the post count +1 thread (Music Edition)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:53 am 
MetalReviews Staff

North From Here wrote:
I know Greg Puciato is one of your guys, Goat. I liked, not loved his first solo album(the weird stuff was good, wish it was weirder), figures he'd duet with Reba Meyers to lead off the second one. https://youtu.be/dyh5kFj2fSY

While I love their voices I wish the song was weirder or heavier.

Ah thanks, hadn't heard this! Yeah didn't love that first solo album, will have to revisit it prior to this coming out. I did like his recent appearance with Carpenter Brut although again, hardly the weirdest stuff out there by any means!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:08 am 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
North From Here wrote:
I know Greg Puciato is one of your guys, Goat. I liked, not loved his first solo album(the weird stuff was good, wish it was weirder), figures he'd duet with Reba Meyers to lead off the second one. https://youtu.be/dyh5kFj2fSY

While I love their voices I wish the song was weirder or heavier.

Ah thanks, hadn't heard this! Yeah didn't love that first solo album, will have to revisit it prior to this coming out. I did like his recent appearance with Carpenter Brut although again, hardly the weirdest stuff out there by any means!

Thanks for sharing: this is Greg doing what he does, he really is a remarkable vocal talent. Pretty cool that Jerry Cantrell has added him to his touring band.
I'm revisiting the first solo album now (and some Dillinger generally). It's too long and bloated, but there are tracks I remember quite liking such as Fire for Water, Deep Set Eyes, even some of the synthpop stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:39 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Another pedophile unmasked.

https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/V._Kusabs/17975

Was in Diocletian, Qrixkuor, Blasphemy, a few others. As you can imagine, Blasphemy are not happy:

Quote:
This hired stand-in never showed us signs of his unacceptable ways. Otherwise this would have been dealt with swiftly and violently as per usual in the Blasphemy circle.
There is a difference between evil and the ways of pathetic scum!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:35 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

New Drudkh music, released early thanks to Putin's invasion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSgsTC7vE4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:58 am 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
New Drudkh music, released early thanks to Putin's invasion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSgsTC7vE4

Surely Twitter/BBC/NPR will feature them on the list of Ukrainian artists resisting the invasion. :lol:
Thanks for this, always welcome more Drudkh.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:26 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

This is kinda sad

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-th ... bandmates/

I like Marco Aro's Haunted output, but Dolving definitely was the superior vocalist for them and it doesn't sound like they'll make things up any time soon, regardless of the specific accusations thrown around.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:37 pm 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
This is kinda sad

I like Marco Aro's Haunted output, but Dolving definitely was the superior vocalist for them and it doesn't sound like they'll make things up any time soon, regardless of the specific accusations thrown around.

Yes sometimes all that guitar playing goes to people's heads. haha! :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:45 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

huskerc7 wrote:
Goat wrote:
This is kinda sad

Yes sometimes all that guitar playing goes to people's heads. haha! :rolleyes:

Not blaming anyone in particular, I'm sure Dolving is a very difficult guy. Just a shame even basic friendships can't seem to survive, whoever's fault it is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:23 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/emper ... tal-bands/

I like the Weeknd but unless he's started, idk, putting backwards messages on his albums Ihsahn is talking shit here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:48 pm 
Ist Krieg

Par for the course from Ihsahn based on other recent interviews I've seen from him, but why wouldn't he to be enamored with Backwash or Clipping instead of pop R&B like Weeknd?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:55 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Yeah. Stuff like this and Metallica praising Ghost as if they're some underground act etc just makes them look out of touch.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:01 am 
Ist Krieg

Foo Fighters drummer died. Never got super into them but dude was only 50. RIP.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:24 am 
MetalReviews Staff

RIP. I assume drugs but who knows.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:06 pm 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
Yeah. Stuff like this and Metallica praising Ghost as if they're some underground act etc just makes them look out of touch.

New ghost album is their worst yet. I went from neutral to dislike with that one, so naturally it broke all the sales records.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:07 pm 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
RIP. I assume drugs but who knows.

RIP. Latest I heard was complaining of chest pains before death.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:10 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

North From Here wrote:
Goat wrote:

New ghost album is their worst yet. I went from neutral to dislike with that one, so naturally it broke all the sales records.

I disliked the previous one but yeah, this is a new worst. Not even going to bother writing it up probably. Shame.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:06 pm 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
North From Here wrote:
Goat wrote:

I disliked the previous one but yeah, this is a new worst. Not even going to bother writing it up probably. Shame.

Yeah I guess they were trending downwards after Meliora. Of course they are more popular than ever so will be fun trying to ignore them, Turnstile, Corey Taylor, and the latest embarrassing BMTH collaboration on various heavy music publication sites.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:20 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

North From Here wrote:
Yeah I guess they were trending downwards after Meliora. Of course they are more popular than ever so will be fun trying to ignore them, Turnstile, Corey Taylor, and the latest embarrassing BMTH collaboration on various heavy music publication sites.

Especially since the writing on Meliora was terrific. But yeah, guess this is the mainstream of metal now, the overton window shifting entirely the wrong way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:45 am 
Ist Krieg

Goat wrote:
North From Here wrote:

Especially since the writing on Meliora was terrific. But yeah, guess this is the mainstream of metal now, the overton window shifting entirely the wrong way.

I'll have to listen to Meliora again when I'm not sick of everything Ghost. I remember it being solid, will have to listen for terrific.

At least Greg Puciato is having fun being Layne on old AiC songs for Jerry Cantrell's solo tour. Had a prior commitment or I would have gone to see it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:55 am 
MetalReviews Staff

North From Here wrote:
Goat wrote:
North From Here wrote:

I'll have to listen to Meliora again when I'm not sick of everything Ghost. I remember it being solid, will have to listen for terrific.

At least Greg Puciato is having fun being Layne on old AiC songs for Jerry Cantrell's solo tour. Had a prior commitment or I would have gone to see it.

Maybe terrific is overegging it a little, heh, but it's definitely the last album from them that was, overall, pretty great. And I didn't know that particularly collaboration! Unfortunately it looks like he's only playing in London over here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next