Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:56 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:28 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

lizardtail wrote:
zadsterboombox wrote:
If they do do a new record, what will it be like? Peccatum meets Zyklon?

.meets Scum. Casey Chaos and Ihriel duetting over blackened punky death metal with like a gothic jazz break halfway through. kvlt.

Did anyone bother with that in the end. It would have been much better w/ Mortiis doing the vocals instead of that prat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:33 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

I actually quite like it, although it does basically sound like a dirtier Amen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:35 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

lizardtail wrote:
I actually quite like it, although it does basically sound like a dirtier Amen.

I never liked Amen, the music wasn't that good, and apparently Chaos is an arse as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:38 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

More:
Quote:
Several photos of EMPEROR's surprise performance at Scream's 15-year anniversary party at Oslo, Norway's Rockefeller Friday night (Sept. 30) have been posted online at this location (all photos were taken by EMPEROR guitarist Samoth's wife Erin).

As previously reported, EMPEROR reunited after four years to play a surprise three-song set at Scream's anniversary event. Samoth told producer Patrizia Mazzuoccolo of the Norwegian metal radio show "Tinitus" that last night's performance was "a short teaser that we are using to announce full headline shows we are doing next year. This is a cooler way of announcing them instead of telling people through our web site." It was announced last night after the band's set that EMPEROR will headline the Inferno festival and Wacken Open Air next year.

The illustrious black metal band, whose split in 2001 took the scene by surprise, performed three tracks — "The Loss And Curse Of Reverence", "I Am The Black Wizards", "Inno A Satana" — and received a rapturous welcome by an ecstatic crowd.

An exclusive brand-new interview with EMPEROR (conducted in English) will be aired on "Tinitus" on Wednesday, October 5 on Norwegian national radio channel P3. "Tinitus" is on every Wednesday from 20:00 (8:00 p.m.) to 22:00 (10:00 p.m.) on P3. The show is also available on the Internet: www.nrk.no/tinitus.

Photos: http://photobucket.com/albums/y196/xmetalerinx/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:17 pm 
Metal Servant

I only want to say that im an Emperor fanboy BIG time and i consider them to be the best black metal band ever in existence. I also im fucking gratefull not to be a narrowminded person i think that Prometheus is a MASTERPIECE. This Live performance is my dream coming true and ill be there in Wacken in the first row no matter what. Cant wait now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:29 pm 
kyuss wrote:
I only want to say that im an Emperor fanboy BIG time and i consider them to be the best black metal band ever in existence. I also im fucking gratefull not to be a narrowminded person i think that Prometheus is a MASTERPIECE. This Live performance is my dream coming true and ill be there in Wacken in the first row no matter what. Cant wait now.

excuse me for not having the same taste in music as you, but i guess that makes me narrowminded.... but isn't it narrowminded too to think Emperor is the best black metal band ever in existence? :D

anyway, they only got away with it because they're called Emperor and not Dimmu Borgir :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:53 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Astaroth wrote:
kyuss wrote:

excuse me for not having the same taste in music as you, but i guess that makes me narrowminded.... but isn't it narrowminded too to think Emperor is the best black metal band ever in existence? :D

anyway, they only got away with it because they're called Emperor and not Dimmu Borgir :roll:

Jeez, looks like I forgot to bash Emperor... well, hereby :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:27 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

What does Prometheus got to do with Dimmu Borgir?

By the way, what a killer set list they played!

Awesomeness:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:42 pm 
Metal Servant

Astaroth wrote:
kyuss wrote:

What exactly is narrow minded about thinking Emperor to be the best BM band ? I dont get your comment... You have to realize that BM doesnt belong to you nor does it to anyone like you. Maybe its time to buy some more low press vinil again ? Dont waste time ! Poseur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:26 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Hey hey hey... discussion is OK but keep it clean. Comments like this one:

Quote:
Maybe its time to buy some more low press vinil again ? Dont waste time ! Poseur.

Are out of place. Keep it smart and keep it clean.

Last edited by deathkvlt on Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:26 pm 
kyuss wrote:
Astaroth wrote:
kyuss wrote:

What exactly is narrow minded about thinking Emperor to be the best BM band ? I dont get your comment... You have to realize that BM doesnt belong to you nor does it to anyone like you. Maybe its time to buy some more low press vinil again ? Dont waste time ! Poseur.

cool!... so i'm a poseur and an idiot simply because i don't like Prometheus... so i take it that bm belongs to ppl who like that record.... well, that's awsome :P ... that just show how narrowminded you are!... don't waste time! poseur! :lol:

EDIT: sorry about this Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:41 pm 
Metal Servant

Astaroth wrote:
kyuss wrote:
Astaroth wrote:
kyuss wrote:

cool!... so i'm a poseur and an idiot

You said your self and i wholeheartedly agree with you dement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:55 pm 
kyuss wrote:
Astaroth wrote:
kyuss wrote:
Astaroth wrote:
kyuss wrote:

cool!... so i'm a poseur and an idiot ( simply because i don't like Prometheus... so i take it that bm belongs to ppl who like that record.... well, that's awsome :P ... that just show how narrowminded you are!... don't waste time! poseur! )

You said your self and i wholeheartedly agree with you dement.

he he :D ... thank you for ignoring the rest of my post :wink: but i'm happy we both agree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:43 am 
Ist Krieg

No band is infalliable but Emperor is pretty close to that for me. I thought Prometheus was awesome. I'd like more albums!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:49 am 
Svartalfar

With a reunion, it just seems like the chances of a new album in the future would be higher than previously thought... I would buy it just out of curiosity, even though I am not in the Prometheus camp.

That last album is the one that I never seem to play, and when I do, I never make it all the way through. Don't have that problem with all the others, and I loved the Thorns/Emperor split album. Even the album cover for Prometheus is my least favorite. Maybe it was just a case of very high expectations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:01 pm 
Ist Krieg

I don't understand why they're reuniting for just a concert but I sure would love to be there.

And guys, f*** off. Prometheus rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:03 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Kathaarian wrote:
I don't understand why they're reuniting for just a concert but I sure would love to be there.

And guys, f*** off. Prometheus rules.

They've probably been planning this since they split up. I can see the metal-archives page now: "after their breakup in 2001, the members of Emperor pursued individual projects until a brief reunition for a tour made them realise that they couldn't live without each other". The corporate whores. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:57 pm 
I actually dig Prometheus more than IX Equilibrium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:12 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Slayer Of Kings wrote:
I actually dig Prometheus more than IX Equilibrium.

Same here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:02 pm 
Metal Slave

Shit these are the best news i've heard for quite a while...if only they released a new album.Insahn is a metal genius

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next