Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:00 pm

Post subject: Firewind - Forged By Fire (#2616)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:00 pm 
You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Firewind - Forged By Fire
Melodic Power Metal
Quoted: 78 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:26 pm 
I don't like the new singer as much and the music isn't quite as good either. Not a bad CD, I more or less agree with your score, though I'd perhaps rate it a little lower. It's still very good but I thought their first two CDs were outstanding.

Post subject: The Singer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:27 am 
Karma Whore

I believe the singer is the one from avalon i really liked Eurasia and i think he sings ok , i will check this record maybe i'd like it, great review by the way.[/quote]

Post subject: Re: The Singer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:45 am 
The_Voice wrote:
I believe the singer is the one from avalon i really liked Eurasia and i think he sings ok , i will check this record maybe i'd like it, great review by the way.

That is correct. I liked him a lot in Avalon. It's not the singer, it's more that previous singer fit the music better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:25 am 
Svartalfar

I am thinking of getting this album because i really liked the previous two albums but i am also worried about the new singer.I am kind of tired of Dio clones.The original vocalist was a big reason for my love of Firewind.

I am trying to listen to the sample on the century media website but the ******* real media format piss me off.I certainly won'tinstall a spywares infested software just for a few samples.

There is also a sample for the new nightrage album !!!! ( i didn't knew they were making a new cd so that was a pleasant surprise).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:17 am 
Six Six Six wrote:
I am thinking of getting this album because i really liked the previous two albums but i am also worried about the new singer.I am kind of tired of Dio clones.The original vocalist was a big reason for my love of Firewind.

I am trying to listen to the sample on the century media website but the ******* real media format piss me off.I certainly won'tinstall a spywares infested software just for a few samples.

There is also a sample for the new nightrage album !!!! ( i didn't knew they were making a new cd so that was a pleasant surprise).

imo, he is not anothe Dio clone... he has a Dio touch undeniably but a Klaus Meine thing sometimes too... in fact, he is more influenced by than clone of...

and about the album, I'm the first saying it's better for me than the previous ones... the 80's touch really seduced me & I like Chitty better than his predecessor... I would have called the other albums average.. this one is good but not great , I'll give it 60/100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:19 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

Please list me all the Dio clones, I love singers that sound like Dio.

I only know Urban Breed, Patrick Johansson and Jorn Lande that can sound like Dio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:21 am 
WinterIsComing wrote:
Please list me all the Dio clones, I love singers that sound like Dio.

I only know Urban Breed, Patrick Johansson and Jorn Lande that can sound like Dio.

why don't you open a new thread for that purpose ? it's a good idea I think...

Post subject: Final Chapter
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:46 am 
Karma Whore

hey has anybody heard a band called final chapter(Its a Project i think)? i belive this singer is also on that record and tobias sammeth too, maybe a review would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:35 pm 
Svartalfar

The Immortal Emokid wrote:
Six Six Six wrote:

imo, he is not anothe Dio clone... he has a Dio touch undeniably but a Klaus Meine thing sometimes too... in fact, he is more influenced by than clone of...

and about the album, I'm the first saying it's better for me than the previous ones... the 80's touch really seduced me & I like Chitty better than his predecessor... I would have called the other albums average.. this one is good but not great , I'll give it 60/100

Well . maybe your right , i haven't heard him yet but that's what (that he was very Dio like) i had understood from Marty's review.

Don't get me wrong , i like Dio and his clones but these days i just need something more different than that.

Anyway , like i said in my previous post , i will give the album a chance first and if i like it , i will probabably buy it like i did for Burning Earth and BHAH.

Post subject: Re: Final Chapter
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:49 pm 
The_Voice wrote:
hey has anybody heard a band called final chapter(Its a Project i think)? i belive this singer is also on that record and tobias sammeth too, maybe a review would be nice.

Funny you mention that. I was going to review it this past week until I realized I was missing the last 4 tracks. If I ever complete the CD or buy it I'll review it. It's not as good as you'd expect though.