Quote:
Pearl Jam - Binaural
Hard Rock
Quoted: 82 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:01 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Nice one Adam, great review for a great album!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:26 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Goat wrote:
Nice one Adam, great review for a great album!

Haha, thanks! Your turn now. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:56 pm 
Einherjar

Light Years is the only good song on the album. The rest just sucks. I've owned this album for 8 years and still don't think it's very good.

I would seriously consider how much you like this band before getting this album. The only album I think is really good by them is Vs. Vitalogy and Ten are bit too spotty for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:11 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Adveser wrote:
Light Years is the only good song on the album. The rest just sucks. I've owned this album for 8 years and still don't think it's very good.

I would seriously consider how much you like this band before getting this album. The only album I think is really good by them is Vs. Vitalogy and Ten are bit too spotty for me.

Ten, spotty?! Dude, normally we seem to agree on a lot but Ten is far, far from spotty! Vs is a great album though, clearly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:43 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Adveser wrote:

My question is, if you thought Ten and Vitalogy were spotty, why did you even get this album in the first place? Seeing that you didn't like No Code or Yield either, Pearl Jam was only 1 for 5 at the time, in your eyes. What did you really expect?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:15 am 
Karma Whore

Never being a big fan of pearl jam except for no code, i dont know why but i love that album, this one not so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:26 am 
Einherjar

This was the begining of the end for Pearl Jam...
Everything before this album is good to great, everything from this album to Avocado is just boring "we''ve got anything to say anymore" american adult rock nonsense...
I'll give it a 45.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:28 pm 
Einherjar

Adam wrote:
Adveser wrote:

My question is, if you thought Ten and Vitalogy were spotty, why did you even get this album in the first place? Seeing that you didn't like No Code or Yield either, Pearl Jam was only 1 for 5 at the time, in your eyes. What did you really expect?

There's a very easy answer for that question. The first Pearl Jam album I bought was one fo their bootlegs. "30-05-00 Wembley Arena" I wanted to have the studio versions of those songs.

I don't consider an album with half the songs being great a bad buy, but it doesn't make the album great. I think those album's good songs make them worth owning even if I don't like half the songs. Vs. only had two or three mediocre songs, so I thought It was their best album. I don't like much from Ten that didn't make it on the radio (which was about 6 of the songs) Vitalogy had too much filler like "bugs" and those weird intros and shit like that.

I still haven't listened to No code or yield. The time I bought this album it was easy to find because it came out recently.