Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:09 pm

Post subject: Brainstorm - Liquid Monster (#2696)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:10 pm 
You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Brainstorm - Liquid Monster
Power Metal
Quoted: 87 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:40 pm 
Metal Servant

Good Review! Brainstorm is one of my favorite bands. If this album is as good as Soul Temptation than 87 is a bit low. ST was a solid 95 and I expect this to be as well from all of the clips I have heard. I also think Brainstorm has some originality, far more than most powermetal bands, they have basically their own sound. The only other band that sounds a lot like them is Andy's other killer band Symphorce.

Brainstorm is one band that truely deserves scores in the 90's IMO. But than again I am really into the very heavy side of power metal.

I would also advise checking out Manitou (the mad moon rising). This is my album of the year so far and I had never even heard of this band. They have a hint of prog but are heavy and very melodic. They remind me a lot of Evergrey as their music taps into your emotions.

Peace..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:14 pm 
Well, for me ST was a 85, so LM being bumped to 87 shows a marginal increase, which I feel it was.

As for Manitou I'll have to check them out. Your description sounds very interesting. Hopefully I can track it down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:54 pm 
Metal Servant

crims@metalreviews wrote:
Well, for me ST was a 85, so LM being bumped to 87 shows a marginal increase, which I feel it was.

As for Manitou I'll have to check them out. Your description sounds very interesting. Hopefully I can track it down.

Cool, if that holds true I may like Liquid Monster even better.

As for Manitou, if you like Evergrey you should dig them as well. Funny how some little known bands that don't get much publicity can hang or even out do albums by the more popular names in metal. IMO this is an example of that.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:45 pm 
Svartalfar

Good reviews Crims (even if i don't necessairly agree with you on all points)

This is a decent album but nowhere near 87 imo.

I would rate it more around 75-80 or something near that.It' is better than Soul temptation but it's still not a very innovative record.We have heard this many time before.However , it is very well done and there are a couple of killer songs on Liquid Monster (Heavenly , Mask Of Life)

Now don't get me wrong , i do enjoy Liquid monster but i just don't think that it deserve a quote that would qualify this album as a near masterpiece.It is good yes but not earth shattering.

Last edited by Six Six Six on Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:47 pm 
Metal Slave

fair score IMO. I am just a bit sad that they chose the soul themptation sound from metus mortis or ambiquity...still a good album

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:25 am 
I love Evergrey so I'll probably like them then.