Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:50 pm 
I live with my parents!

This album was quite a fantastic trip when I first heard it on headphones. Must play again soon! I agree the lyrical content is quite brilliant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:01 pm 
Metal Lord

Ness wrote:
One of the greatest bands ever. I was a click away from buying this on Amazon a while ago, but it was 12 bucks for the MP3... I'll wait until the price goes down a bit. Glad to hear this is a step up from Snakes and Arrows... I enjoyed it, but I agree on the filler comment.

It's $5 now. Was $0.99 the other day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 am 
Ist Krieg

Masshole McDinglenuts wrote:
Ness wrote:
One of the greatest bands ever. I was a click away from buying this on Amazon a while ago, but it was 12 bucks for the MP3... I'll wait until the price goes down a bit. Glad to hear this is a step up from Snakes and Arrows... I enjoyed it, but I agree on the filler comment.

It's $5 now. Was $0.99 the other day.

thank you sir!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:02 pm 
Ist Krieg

So Neil Peart I guess wrote an outline of the conceptual story he thought up for this album and had Kevin J. Anderson write a book filling in the gaps... Either coolest idea ever or well, maybe it just didn't get pulled off well, but Anderson is a badass writer or at least was when he was writing Star Wars novels so let the uber-Rush fans check it out.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... l-20120831

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:59 pm 
Metal Lord

traptunderice wrote:
So Neil Peart I guess wrote an outline of the conceptual story he thought up for this album and had Kevin J. Anderson write a book filling in the gaps... Either coolest idea ever or well, maybe it just didn't get pulled off well, but Anderson is a badass writer or at least was when he was writing Star Wars novels so let the uber-Rush fans check it out.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... l-20120831

Anderson is still a bad-ass. He works like a pulp writer, just churning out book after book, but the quality is much better than most pulp authors. I don't know how he does it.

And he "writes" his books by dictating them while out hiking and shit. That's insane!

But yeah, great writer, so this book should rock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:08 pm 
Metal Fighter

I'm reading the book now. It's really cool. The album tells the story perfectly. There are other Rush song references also in the book that tie in nicely with the story that prove how thought provoking their lyrics have always been.

Post subject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels (#7726)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:18 am 
Ist Krieg

Goat--where did you ultimately land on this one? It's a little too long, but there is some great material on here, impressed with how hard it rocks from taking advantage of the more modern production.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:43 am 
MetalReviews Staff

North From Here wrote:
Goat--where did you ultimately land on this one? It's a little too long, but there is some great material on here, impressed with how hard it rocks from taking advantage of the more modern production.

I was lukewarm on release but it has grown on me immensely since to the point where I consider it a mini masterpiece. Performances are of course terrific but the songwriting is sharp and memorable, with some of my favourite songs from them. Everything from classic rock flamboyance to groovy metallic heaviness on BU2B, to emotional prog... what an album to bow out on, RIP to one of the greatest drummers ever to pick up the sticks. And I hope Lee and Lifeson do something together at some point, but if they don't they should know what a wonderful final outing they provided us with. What a special act Rush was, one of my favourites. I have to put this album on again now!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:55 am 
Ist Krieg

It really proved to be a solid ending. Some of these tracks really kick ass, and as talented as they were/are, I don't normally associate Rush with that, hah.