Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:59 am

Post subject: Cellador - Leaving All Behind (#2805)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:51 am 
You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Cellador - Leaving All Behind
Power Metal
Quoted: no quote

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:30 pm 
Ist Krieg

Oh finally a review!! Check these guys out.

Post subject: Great potential!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:56 am 
Metal Servant

The songs are really killer and filled with enormous energy. This is how Helloween would sound if they'd release "Walls of Jericho" in 2005. The drawback of this band is the singer who does seem to lack any power in his vocals who sometimes sounds like a whining little 16 year old Kiske wannabe :/

Post subject: Re: Great potential!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:33 pm 
Ist Krieg

MetalMaster wrote:
The songs are really killer and filled with enormous energy. This is how Helloween would sound if they'd release "Walls of Jericho" in 2005. The drawback of this band is the singer who does seem to lack any power in his vocals who sometimes sounds like a whining little 16 year old Kiske wannabe :/

I don't know, I think he sounds pretty good. He fits the style of music too. He is a hell of a lot better than ZP from Dragonforce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:17 pm 
Metal King

Just finished listening to the demo audio clips.Not very original and sometimes reminds me Celesty without keys.The vox are ok just decent i guess for this type of music.Good job with the X-Japan cover(Silent Jealousy).These guys are young and have much time to improve.

Is the info about their first album The Burning Blue correct?I even found a track list with 9 songs. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:11 am 
Metal Slave

Wow!! I"m impressed!! Would love to see more keys in the future though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:37 pm 
Ist Krieg

Yeah I heard they are looking for a permanant keyboardist.

Post subject: cellador
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:00 am 
dudes cellador is the essence that will bring back the life to power metal since it is declining if you all didnt know. the only thing keepin it alive is the release of Kamelot, Demons & Wizards, Hammerfall, and Angra power metal would be over so go buy their cds and help us survive

Post subject: Re: cellador
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:20 am 
Metal Fighter

at the gates wrote:
dudes cellador is the essence that will bring back the life to power metal since it is declining if you all didnt know. the only thing keepin it alive is the release of Kamelot, Demons & Wizards, Hammerfall, and Angra power metal would be over so go buy their cds and help us survive

Blah :roll: Heh, how could power metal be declining since we, the fans, don't know about it? :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:29 am 
Ist Krieg

MetalKnight wrote:
at the gates wrote:

Blah :roll: Heh, how could power metal be declining since we, the fans, don't know about it? :P

I don't know dude. Latley it seems like Power Metal is taking a lot of crap. There are a lot of bands out there that are really bad and they are taking the focus off the great bands out there. I think it is on a decline, but that is not to say it is even close to being dead.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:10 am 
Metal Fighter

metalNESS wrote:
MetalKnight wrote:
at the gates wrote:

I don't know dude. Latley it seems like Power Metal is taking a lot of crap. There are a lot of bands out there that are really bad and they are taking the focus off the great bands out there. I think it is on a decline, but that is not to say it is even close to being dead.

Yes and no. I don't think that having MASSIVE amounts of power metal bands, some good some bad, entitles to say it's on a decline!?! That would be like having a handful of power metal bands... all of them bad :lol:
Actually I don't think that any main genre in metal is on a decline at the moment, there's plenty of bands in each genre! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:54 pm 
Ist Krieg

I heard Cellador signed with Metal Blade records.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:09 pm 
Metal Lord

Cool news for them. Cant wait to hear a full-length with massive production

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:51 am 
Ist Krieg

Ok now I'm sure of it. Cellador has signed with Metalblade records.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:02 pm 
Ist Krieg

I had to bring this back to the top, this EP kills. The DragonForce influence is pretty damn obvious on tracks 2 and 4, but the songs are still great. Its and example of a band playing a styl eof music done a million times before, but doing it so well that you don't care.

Re the comment about more keys - nooooooo, that would drag the band down a bit in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:04 pm 
Metal King

Radagast wrote:
I had to bring this back to the top, this EP kills. The DragonForce influence is pretty damn obvious on tracks 2 and 4, but the songs are still great. Its and example of a band playing a styl eof music done a million times before, but doing it so well that you don't care.

Re the comment about more keys - nooooooo, that would drag the band down a bit in my opinion.

I agree with every sentence!

Really looking forward to the full-length.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:26 pm 
Ist Krieg

I agree (obviously), except on the keyboard issue. If there were to be keys you better believe they will be used very well.

The debut will indeed kick many amounts of ass, but I hope you guys are not disappointed with the track listings. Keep in mind these guys only had three solid months to write new material. The rest was dedicated to recording and, well, their lives. These guys are all under 23 and they have a lot going on. Two of them are in school (Dave is only 16), and on of them just got married. Not to mention the fact that Bill just moved here from frikin Brazil. There are many contributing factors, but I'll stop here. Btw, if you’re wondering, the four tracks from this demo will be included on the album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:10 pm 
Karma Whore

NESS, aren't you related to someone in the band? Or did I miss something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:43 pm 
Ist Krieg

Metalhead_Bastard wrote:
NESS, aren't you related to someone in the band? Or did I miss something?

No, just friends. I've known Chris for a very long time though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:45 am 
Radagast wrote:

Exactly! I hear a LOT of early Helloween. It's a damn good EP.