You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Ensiferum - Victory Songs
Folk Metal
Quoted: 85 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:43 pm 
Wow, I'd score this way higher. 95 for me; this album is outstanding and fun as hell to listen to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:47 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Jaden wrote:
Wow, I'd score this way higher. 95 for me; this album is outstanding and fun as hell to listen to.
Right the fuck on! Equilibrium's upcoming album will give this some stiff competition though, I hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:08 am 
Jaden wrote:
Really? Quite frankly, still taking Jari's departure in consideration, I was quite disappointed with this release. I feel that the melodies aren't nearly as deep as the last album's and the folkish elements were really nothing special. This is by far the most straightforward, hard-hitting ensiferum album and Petri does a decent job bringing in some of the good and older elements of Norther (Like on deathbringer from the sky), but overall i feel that this album isn't anything way too special. I'm really digging the album cover though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:36 pm 
Svartalfar

Jason@Metalreviews wrote:
Jaden wrote:
Really? Quite frankly, still taking Jari's departure in consideration, I was quite disappointed with this release. I feel that the melodies aren't nearly as deep as the last album's and the folkish elements were really nothing special. This is by far the most straightforward, hard-hitting ensiferum album and Petri does a decent job bringing in some of the good and older elements of Norther (Like on deathbringer from the sky), but overall i feel that this album isn't anything way too special. I'm really digging the album cover though!

These were my sentiments exactly. I thought it was a great album, but it was def more of a traditional metal album than their last.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:17 pm 
Ist Krieg

I graded this bad boy 4 out of 5. Great album from Ensiferum, and proof that they didn't need Jari to survive. Granted, they'd be a better band if he was still on board, but this they definitely have plenty to offer without him.

Contrary to the review, I actually thought the folk elements had been brought to the fore more evidently than on the first two albums, but maybe they line between the folk and the metal moments is more defined than before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:27 pm 
Svartalfar

Raised by the Sword is for me, one of the best ensiferum songs ive ever heard.
I think its a great album, but overall, its not the same standard as ensiferum and iron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:14 pm 
Metal King

Awesome album, just as good as Iron and I really didn't expect that! :dio: Not nearly as good as the s/t though, that album is nothing short of a landmark in the genre imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:06 pm 
Metal Fighter

Great album....but the band was so much better when Jari was around. Good review, I just wished that the reviewer would have compared this work with their previous albums.