Quote:
Within Temptation - The Heart Of Everything
Gothic Metal
Quoted: 76 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:50 pm 
Metal King

I just realized that this album is rated higher than Enter. That's insane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:58 pm 
Great album!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:13 pm 
Metal Lord

I absolutely love 'The silent force', and have been greatly looking forward to this new one.
:D

.... I have it ordered, and expect it soon. :cool:

Clint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:02 pm 
Metal Lord

Good cd but last one was better should be interesting to Xandria's new one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:04 am 
Metal King

Gothic Metal band, with a female singer + male guest vocalist = zOMG THEY SUND LEIK EVANESESCNSNESENSE!!11111

Seriously, the only similarity between What Have You Done and Bring Me To Life is that they have a male guest vocalist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:39 pm 
Ist Krieg

Metastable To Chaos wrote:
Gothic Metal band, with a female singer + male guest vocalist = zOMG THEY SUND LEIK EVANESESCNSNESENSE!!11111

Seriously, the only similarity between What Have You Done and Bring Me To Life is that they have a male guest vocalist.

And that they both suck hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:44 pm 
Einherjar

So... which one of these should I listen to if I wanna give this outfit a go-round? Mother Earth is highest rated, but there are always second opinions, hmm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:05 pm 
Ist Krieg

Anything that shares a shelf with the latest pop/disco/rap crowdpleaser gets a premature NO in my book...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:28 pm 
Metal King

Dead Machine wrote:
So... which one of these should I listen to if I wanna give this outfit a go-round? Mother Earth is highest rated, but there are always second opinions, hmm?

Enter is a whole other, and much better, story than the rest. More doomish metal. Mother Earth is quite nice too but eh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:11 pm 
Ist Krieg

Dead Machine wrote:

Basically, Enter (the first one) is sort of doomy goth metal with some death growls. The second one (Mother Earth) is lighter, more melodic - no growls. The two newest are radio fodder crap.

I think Enter is pretty boring, Mother Earth is ok. Some good songs, some dull ones. So uh, Within Temptation aren't that good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:32 am 
Metal Lord

Quote:
The two newest are radio fodder crap.

I still haven't heard the new one, but I think 'The silent force' is brilliant for what it is. I actually don't find it to be too radio friendly either... it's pure symphonic metal, heavy enough, with flawless vocals.
:wink:

... definitely is a lot different than 'Enter', and this description of the first 2 CDs is quite accurate imo.
Quote:
Basically, Enter (the first one) is sort of doomy goth metal with some death growls. The second one (Mother Earth) is lighter, more melodic - no growls.

Clint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:44 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Clint-metalcdratings wrote:
Quote:
The two newest are radio fodder crap.

I still haven't heard the new one, but I think 'The silent force' is brilliant for what it is. I actually don't find it to be too radio friendly either... it's pure symphonic metal, heavy enough, with flawless vocals.
:wink:

... definitely is a lot different than 'Enter', and this description of the first 2 CDs is quite accurate imo.
Quote:
Basically, Enter (the first one) is sort of doomy goth metal with some death growls. The second one (Mother Earth) is lighter, more melodic - no growls.

Clint

Clint (and Radagast) has it right, I think. I haven't heard anything but the single off the new one, but I'm certainly in no rush to hear it on the basis of that pile of crap.

(I greatly enjoy WT myself.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:39 am 
Someone fix my damn Emolicious account! I just got a PM! Hahaha.

Anyway, I was in Boston like two weeks ago and saw this album on "sale" for $23.99 on import. Pffft. I decided to go home and finally check this band out. (I dig the single, by the way.) So I downloaded everything.

I'm not sure what you people are smoking, but this new album, The Silent Whatever and Mother Earth are pretty much no different in style. I think this is a case of band popularity among turdly trendsters skewing opinion (when it comes to those suggesting they've changed, not those that simply think they suck). I just can't see how those three albums are any different. Obviously the new single is different because of Keith Caputo, but take him away—and take the the rest of the album—and you've got something that's not any different at all.

Enter, of course, is like early After Forever, so I can see the complaint there. But not with what came after.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:26 am 
Einherjar

FrigidSymphony wrote:
Anything that shares a shelf with the latest pop/disco/rap crowdpleaser gets a premature NO in my book...

Because SA is so metal and genre bending.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:28 am 
Einherjar

Apoptygmatic wrote:
Someone fix my damn Emolicious account! I just got a PM! Hahaha.

Anyway, I was in Boston like two weeks ago and saw this album on "sale" for $23.99 on import. Pffft. I decided to go home and finally check this band out. (I dig the single, by the way.) So I downloaded everything.

I'm not sure what you people are smoking, but this new album, The Silent Whatever and Mother Earth are pretty much no different in style. I think this is a case of band popularity among turdly trendsters skewing opinion (when it comes to those suggesting they've changed, not those that simply think they suck). I just can't see how those three albums are any different. Obviously the new single is different because of Keith Caputo, but take him away—and take the the rest of the album—and you've got something that's not any different at all.

Enter, of course, is like early After Forever, so I can see the complaint there. But not with what came after.

Actually Ken is right, Mother Earth is even more mellow then the Silent Force and less metal.......actually I don't care of it that much but I dig Silent Force quite a bit.

People are just pissed others found out about them. But new Lacuna Coil still sucks for reasons totally unrelated to this......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:50 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Dont forget that Mother Earth is the soundtrack to any and all LARPing. Some great stuff, but over the top with the forests and spirits of earth and fairy dust theme. Kayla, really, check out The Cross and The Howling. I think Keith Caputo representing wasnt the best way to go about handling the prerelease for older fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:05 am 
Einherjar

Ben@MetalReviews wrote:
Dont forget that Mother Earth is the soundtrack to any and all LARPing. Some great stuff, but over the top with the forests and spirits of earth and fairy dust theme. Kayla, really, check out The Cross and The Howling. I think Keith Caputo representing wasnt the best way to go about handling the prerelease for older fans.

I'm old wtf is LArping?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:20 am 
Metal Slave

leee wrote:
Ben@MetalReviews wrote:

I'm old wtf is LArping?

Prepare to laugh your arse off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ufaBKdY60w

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:34 pm 
Einherjar

Live Action Role play, got it.....I used to do this when I was 12........