Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:21 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:29 pm 
Metal King

Location: Somewhere between slightly irritated and really pissed off...
Goat wrote:
EisenFaust wrote:
Peste Noire (a band that –as opposed to Burzum- employ racism in their very band-concept)

They do? Must be too subtle for me. I thought they had an Asian on bass and everything?

Well, I don't know the nationality of their bassist. I do however know that they: Have demo called "Aryan Supremacy", have released a split album with Sombre Chemin (NSBM band) and that their logo (the one with the skull with an eyepatch) is a W.A.R. (White Aryan Resistance) logo frequently used as an identifying symbol between racist skinheads.

The name of the demo can have been an infantile attempt to shock and the split album might have been released due to... uuhm.. similarities in artistic ideals, but the logo is hard to explain. It's quite communicative if you know the symbol at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:00 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

http://diabolicalconquest.com/interview ... nglish.htm

There you go, Goaty.

Also from that interview-

Quote:
Musically-speaking, Alcest is alright, and based on what I heard of Neige's new material, I believe that the best is to come. Now concerning the concept, i.e. light, faeries and children, no thank you, not my cup of tea. I tend to share DIAPSIQUIR's view on the subject; children are here to suck us off.

:lol: :omfg: :wacko:

EDIT: Anyway, just to keep it vaguely on topic, I can confirm that a classic review for Det Som... is coming up soon. Whether it shall be loved by all or detested by everybody, we shall find out soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:15 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

I stand corrected! Interesting and rather funny interview, cheers Senorio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:02 pm 
Sailor Man

It's all about drawing attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:11 pm 
Metal King

Location: Somewhere between slightly irritated and really pissed off...
That interview is quite an intertaining read. I didn't think he actually gave interviews. I love how he concludes it by advertising for sex :lol:

Vaguely on topic: It's a good thing that the Burzum records get to take their rightful place in the classics list. The first 4 albums definitely deserve it no matter what. :dio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:16 am 
MetalReviews Staff

I'll be honest here; I'd never listened to Burzum before until this review went up. I really don't know why, I love classic Immortal, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Bathory, Emperor, etc., I just never gave this a shot. But I'm listening to this album for the first time right now and so far I'm rather impressed. Not really what I expected, and it has some interesting elements. Further listens will be required to determined whether or not it is a "Classic", however. I'm definitely going through Burzum's entire catalog in order now though, the s/t intrigues me. :dio: