Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 pm

Post subject: Queen - News Of The World (#1316)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:55 pm 
You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Queen - News Of The World
Classic Rock
Quoted: 90 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:19 am 
Metal King

Although not being my favorite,this album kicks major ass,like almost everything done by this fuckin' band!!Freddie is the Man,always living up to the extreme,just like Bon Scott,but with a monarchic style.

What else can i say?...Sheer Heart Attack shreds,Spread Your Wings is enough glorious to appeal 15 years later to the Blind Guardian bards,It's Late is the hard rock masterpiece of the decade,and Melancholy Blues is...... oh my dear..!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:41 am 
it's my fav Queen album (the first I ever heard back in 1979) and I love every song on it except for Sheer Heart Attack (lousy attempt by RT to be a punkster... yeah, it's 1977... :roll: ) so my expectations were pretty high on a review....

imo, this absolute classic deserved a better treatment than your awfully short track by track review... first, I hate track by track reviews, it's exactly what I call non-journalism, second, I like biographic insights, feeling the year it was released etc... and you didn't even try it...

but still, thx for, at least, making a review of a way too overlooked band & album (by metalheads)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:23 pm 
Metal King

Right;and we also need more Queen album reviews in the classics section:Jazz,Sheer Heart Attack,A Night at the Opera,Queen II belong here;and even Innuendo or A Kind of Magic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:21 pm 
stub wrote:
Jazz,Sheer Heart Attack,A Night at the Opera,Queen II belong here;and even Innuendo or A Kind of Magic!

well.... certainly Queen II & A Night At The Opera are classics... but I have to disagree on the rest of your list... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:17 pm 
Metal King

The Immortal Emokid wrote:
stub wrote:
Jazz,Sheer Heart Attack,A Night at the Opera,Queen II belong here;and even Innuendo or A Kind of Magic!

well.... certainly Queen II & A Night At The Opera are classics... but I have to disagree on the rest of your list... :roll:

J'sais pas vraiment;for me Sheer heart attack is better than Queen II part because the sound on Queen II is a bit "bordélique",and also because SHA has Brighton Rock,Flick of the wrist and Stone Cold Crazy on it,and those tunes kicked the World's ass back in 74(on Queen II there's only Oggre Battle that kicks ass so hard),the heaviest thing done back then by any band,more fast and furious than Sabbath.

As for Jazz, i like it way better than News of the World:it has 3 of the most underrated (and best ) Queen songs -Dead on Time,Let Me Entertain You and Mustapha;one of the best ballads-Jealosy;the hits(Bycicle Race,Fat Bottomed Girls,Don't stop me now) are 1st choice;since i love Taylor's voice,More of that Jazz is one of the best songs with that Megadeth like guitar riff and the Halford like screams in the end.

Anyway,for me all the 7 Queen albums from the 70's + Live Killers are Classics.