Quote:
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick
Death Metal
Quoted: CLASSIC

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:21 pm 
Ist Krieg

great album. not close to altars of madness however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:30 pm 
Einherjar

This is way, way better than Altars Of Madness, which I find to be extremely overrated. And it's possibly where Morbid Angel peaked, as they still haven't churned out an album that topples it.

Anyways, yeah, this is much more of a quality classic than last week's, which was prosaic through and through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:33 pm 
Ist Krieg

if you think this is "way way" better than altars of madness you've definitley never listened to altars of madness. altars has better drumming, better riffs, better vocals, more consistent songwriting, just better in every single aspect, better production to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:41 pm 
Einherjar

huskerc7 wrote:
if you think this is "way way" better than altars of madness you've definitley never listened to altars of madness. altars has better drumming, better riffs, better vocals, more consistent songwriting, just better in every single aspect, better production to.

Or maybe I have, and all those things you've listed mean nothing to me? After all, I'd take atmosphere over riffing any day -- and this album has plenty of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:49 pm 
Ist Krieg

TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:

Or maybe I have, and all those things you've listed mean nothing to me? After all, I'd take atmosphere over riffing any day -- and this album has plenty of it.

can't beat the atmosphere of altars either, altars is just better in every aspect.

and if none of the things I listed mean anything to you why do you listen to music and why do you even post? lol.

You're insane octavarius. :unsure:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:53 pm 
Einherjar

huskerc7 wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:

can't beat the atmosphere of altars either, altars is just better in every aspect.

and if none of the things I listed mean anything to you why do you listen to music and why do you even post? lol.

Perhaps. Or I might just have a broader horizon, so to speak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:30 pm 
The Commish

This is no Altars, hell there will never be another AoM. But this is still a classic and one hell of a album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:05 pm 
Einherjar

TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:

Yeah, I mean, who would like the music for the music?

:lame:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:08 pm 
Ist Krieg

huskerc7 wrote:
great album. not close to altars of madness however.

This.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:11 pm 
Einherjar

Orion wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:

You misapprehend me. I simply meant that my perception of music differs from the usual "THRASH TILL DEATH" suspects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:44 pm 
Ist Krieg

TheOctavarius wrote:
This is way, way better than Altars Of Madness, which I find to be extremely overrated.
Agreed, good sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:05 am 
Metal King

Classic :dio:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:51 pm 
The Commish

TheOctavarius wrote:
Orion wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:

You misapprehend me. I simply meant that my perception of music differs from the usual "THRASH TILL DEATH" suspects.

Altars of Madness is better whether you think so or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:06 pm 
Einherjar

DevotedWalnut wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
Orion wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:

Your mind says you're right, but your fat rolls have a differing opinion; they're all wearing Blessed Are The Sick t-shirts when you're not looking. Not that you can see them, anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:13 pm 
Ist Krieg

Pretty good album but I hardly ever listen to it. I guess it's a classic though because it's Morbid Angel and they liked invented death metal and stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:40 pm 
The Commish

TheOctavarius wrote:
DevotedWalnut wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
Orion wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:

Your mind says you're right, but your fat rolls have a differing opinion; they're all wearing Blessed Are The Sick t-shirts when you're not looking. Not that you can see them, anyways.

Your comments on my weight are just too funny. Don't ever change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:24 am 
Steaming Pile of Shit

I think when it comes to atmosphere, Gateways to annihilation is Morbid angel's best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:30 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

DevotedWalnut wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
DevotedWalnut wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
Orion wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:
TheOctavarius wrote:
huskerc7 wrote:

Your comments on my weight are just too funny. Don't ever change.

you silly man, your only saying that because it isnt as thrashy as altars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:33 pm 
Metal Fighter

covenant is best by far god of emptiness being the ultimate morbid angel song