Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 pm

Post subject: Megadeth - Rust In Peace (#1226)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:55 pm 
You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Megadeth Metal
Quoted: 95 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:28 am 
Svartalfar

Best metal album ever tied with Alive in Athens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:46 am 
Karma Whore

rust in peace is amazing...holy wars...the punishment due is megadeth's best song ever, and possibly one of the greatest heavy metal songs ever! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:37 pm 
metalhead wrote:
rust in peace is amazing...holy wars...the punishment due is megadeth's best song ever, and possibly one of the greatest heavy metal songs ever! :D

Megadeth's best album remains imo Killings is my Business... Peace Sells is another great album...

then... all the following albums have good songs but fillers too...

imo, Megadeth died in 1990 after this album, the last one really worth buying... the rest is, at the best, average heavy thrash with Daffy Duck on vocals :wink:

one thing though, I kinda like Risk, good hair metal album ! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:49 pm 
Karma Whore

The Immortal Emokid wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Megadeth's best album remains imo Killings is my Business... Peace Sells is another great album...

imo, Megadeth died in 1990 after this album, the last one really worth buying... the rest is, at the best, average heavy thrash with Daffy Duck on vocals :wink:

:shock:

but countdown to extinction is brilliant!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:51 pm 
metalhead wrote:
metalhead wrote:

so you say... sorry but I don't share your enthusiasm... :roll:

IMO, that's when Megadeth became sell-outs... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:54 pm 
Karma Whore

metalhead wrote:
metalhead wrote:

no, no, no no no!!!!!!
they were never sell-outs imo, and if they ever were, i dont care cuz TSHF is great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:26 pm 
Metal King

I pretty much like their stuff up until risk. Risk was average at best. Probably an experimental album. My fav Megadeth album though is Youthanasia. It's actually one of my fav albums of all time. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:25 pm 
Karma Whore

metalhead wrote:
metalhead wrote:

You like Risk, but you don't like Countdown? I mean, Countdown isn't anything great, but it at least is a fun little metal album, and Youthanasia after it was some damn good power metal. But Risk? Risk is even worse than Load (though of course, nothing is worse than St. Anger).

And of course, Rust in Peace completely rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:37 pm 
the only problem with Risk is the name on the cover...

I enjoy its Hair Metal aspects much more than I do with usual megadeth mainstream heavy thrash... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:35 pm 
Einherjar

i agree with you 100% Emo. Countdown should be renamed "Sellout to Extinction", and youthanasia is a bland power metal album, I still enjoy it but not as much as Metalhead or the other guy do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:59 pm 
Svartalfar

This album is one of my all time favs!! Together with PSBWIB this is definately their best album! Btw, The sytem has failed rocks heavily!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:53 pm 
Metal King

metalhead wrote:

Agreed,Risk is cool!! Their worst has to be World Needs a Hero,with the last song being a shameless rip off of "Am I Evil?"!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:22 am 
Metal Lord

Best thrash metal album of all time.

The solo in Tornado of Souls has got to be the most inspired solo I've ever heard. Hail Friedman !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:43 am 
Risk is cool? Who thinks that? Risk just doesn't have many good tunes. It's a departure, fine, but it lacks quality.

And let's not talk about Megadeth ripping off "Am I Evil?", both Metallica and Megadeth have ripped each other off for years.

Metallica's "The Four Horsemen" is obviously a blatant Mustaine rip-off of "The Mechanix." Megadeth's "FFF" rips off of "Motorbreath." Metallica's "The God That Failed" rips off "Dawn Patrol." There's a ton of songs like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:32 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Pasqua wrote:
Best thrash metal album of all time.

The solo in Tornado of Souls has got to be the most inspired solo I've ever heard. Hail Friedman !

Man I totally agree with you about that solo... I don't think I've ever heard a band with solo parts that are as good as Megadeth at their best. It's why I absolutely adore CtE as well- Friedman is just godlike on it.

But my Rust in Peace inlay has no information about who plays what solo, so I'm not even sure who is playing on Tornado of Souls. Can anyone enlighten me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:37 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Eyesore wrote:
Risk is cool? Who thinks that? Risk just doesn't have many good tunes. It's a departure, fine, but it lacks quality.

And let's not talk about Megadeth ripping off "Am I Evil?", both Metallica and Megadeth have ripped each other off for years.

Metallica's "The Four Horsemen" is obviously a blatant Mustaine rip-off of "The Mechanix." Megadeth's "FFF" rips off of "Motorbreath." Metallica's "The God That Failed" rips off "Dawn Patrol." There's a ton of songs like this.

Well "Am I Evil?" is a one of several Diamond Head covers so it's fair to say that band "inspired" both Mustaine and Hetfield/Ulrich. Hah, I think Mustaine joined Metallica when they were really little more than a DH covers band. Plus the fact that many of Metallica's early riffs were actuall written by Mustaine: I guess it's not surprising there are a lot of songwriting similarities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:07 pm 
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Well "Am I Evil?" is a one of several Diamond Head covers so it's fair to say that band "inspired" both Mustaine and Hetfield/Ulrich. Hah, I think Mustaine joined Metallica when they were really little more than a DH covers band. Plus the fact that many of Metallica's early riffs were actuall written by Mustaine: I guess it's not surprising there are a lot of songwriting similarities.

Indeed, but it makes you wonder, is Dave ripping off Metallica and Metallica ripping off Dave continuously over the years, or is Metallica stealing riffs that Dave came up with while in the band, or vice versa?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:33 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Eyesore wrote:
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Indeed, but it makes you wonder, is Dave ripping off Metallica and Metallica ripping off Dave continuously over the years, or is Metallica stealing riffs that Dave came up with while in the band, or vice versa?

Haha, well I know that Dave claims that Metallica used his riffs uncredited right up until the 90s... Meh, It wouldn't surprise me that much. I've always liked Megadeth but just over the last year they've suddenly leapt into my consciousness much more than before. I'm starting to regard Mustaine as something of a genius :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:36 pm 
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
rio wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Haha, well I know that Dave claims that Metallica used his riffs uncredited right up until the 90s... Meh, It wouldn't surprise me that much. I've always liked Megadeth but just over the last year they've suddenly leapt into my consciousness much more than before. I'm starting to regard Mustaine as something of a genius :D

really ? :? is Coltrane something of a god then ? :D