Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:08 am 
Einherjar

traptunderice wrote:
RelentlessOblivion wrote:
ok don't know why my last post didn't go up

what I mean is that because they aren't as extreme the thrash elitists tend to look down on Megadeth and dismiss their entire discography, I don't enjoy what they put out between CTE and Abominations as much (though I do like more of Youthanasia then any of the albums that followed prior to UA) but overall I enjoy Megadeth probably the most out of any of the "big four" with Slayer running a close second, now I'm gonna go comment on a Slayer thread here's hoping Reign In Blood is open for comment since I have some very unpopular thoughts on that one
I would say I enjoy Megadeth the most, albeit the nostalgia keeping Metallica a close second. Thrash elitists or just plain douchebags? If I ever heard Bar or DW bash 'deth I would call them out for that shit.

I've only very rarely heard anybody in the know trash Megadeth's first few releases. They're pretty much universally loved up to RiP and then you start to get a few more differing opinions.

EDIT: Maybe universally loved is a bit strong. Universally respected, at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:20 am 
Einherjar

I've only experienced that respect with their first release from the elitists but then I've briefly been part of some very snobbish forums, having said that on my other forum Megadeth geat a great deal of respect up to Writings and from Abominations onwards (I'm trying, and failing, to mention that less)

but hey haters gonna hate, I mean if people can't respect songs like Liar, Looking Down the Cross, Good Mourning/Black Friday, Five Magics, Ashes In Your Mouth etc then fuck 'em

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:23 am 
Einherjar

Thrashtildeth wrote:
here's hoping Reign In Blood is open for comment since I have some very unpopular thoughts on that one

Awwwwww hell no.

I promise it isn't bashing the album, other then that you'll have to wait and see

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:27 am 
Ist Krieg

Thrashtildeth wrote:
traptunderice wrote:

what I mean is that because they aren't as extreme the thrash elitists tend to look down on Megadeth and dismiss their entire discography, I don't enjoy what they put out between CTE and Abominations as much (though I do like more of Youthanasia then any of the albums that followed prior to UA) but overall I enjoy Megadeth probably the most out of any of the "big four" with Slayer running a close second, now I'm gonna go comment on a Slayer thread here's hoping Reign In Blood is open for comment since I have some very unpopular thoughts on that one
I would say I enjoy Megadeth the most, albeit the nostalgia keeping Metallica a close second. Thrash elitists or just plain douchebags? If I ever heard Bar or DW bash 'deth I would call them out for that shit.

I've only very rarely heard anybody in the know trash Megadeth's first few releases. They're pretty much universally loved up to RiP and then you start to get a few more differing opinions.

EDIT: Maybe universally loved is a bit strong. Universally respected, at least.
You better say that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:45 pm 
The Commish

traptunderice wrote:
United Abominations is a good album, I personally dislike Writings, despise Youthanasia almost to the degree I hate RISK, the two albums prior to Abominations are also not worth anything to me, CTE earns a lot of praise and I sort of get it but it isn't even close to my favourite, it never really clicked with me in the way my favourites did, and I should stress Endgame is one of my favourites though I have found myself wavering on it a little lately
I can't talk to you.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:48 pm 
The Commish

traptunderice wrote:

Megadeth was my first metal band. When all the cunts in high school were listening to only Metallica or Maiden I was rocking out to Megadeth and Priest.

So basically, you'll never hear me bash Megadeth. Fuck Metallica.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:19 pm 
Metal Lord

DevotedWalnut wrote:
traptunderice wrote:

Megadeth was my first metal band. When all the cunts in high school were listening to only Metallica or Maiden I was rocking out to Megadeth and Priest.

So basically, you'll never hear me bash Megadeth. Fuck Metallica.

Whoa. Whoa there, slow down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:21 pm 
Metal Lord

RIP - hands down, best Deth record. So much from me on this subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:23 pm 
Einherjar

I can't say RIP is easily Megadeth's best, not with the debut and Peace Sells in the discography but one of the best for sure, great album, good band, and anyone who disagrees can go fuck themselves

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:33 pm 
Einherjar

Yeah, it's RiP and the debut together in the top spot for me.

Used to be I thought RiP was better, but when the remaster of the debut came out, it changed my mind. I know some people prefer the terrible sounding original master, but I have trouble understanding that. It's not like the remaster sounds over polished or anything, you can just finally hear what the instruments are actually playing. Anyway, the debut is fucking awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:42 pm 
Einherjar

wish the cover of boots was on the remaster though 'tis good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:44 pm 
Ist Krieg

I always found this band boring as hell. I kind of liked Killing is My Business... when it first came out but even that grew old pretty quick.
Still, I guess they are slghtly better than Metallica. I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:04 am 
Einherjar

BLASPHEMY!!!

:lol:

whatever, your opinion, I disagree but since this is all personal opinions there's really no point in arguing over it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:27 am 
Metal Lord

Coroner > deth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:29 am 
Einherjar

Megadeth are probably my second favourite band after Iron Maiden.

RIP is classic but then I love So Far, So Good...So What! even more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:25 am 
Einherjar

belowthelights wrote:
Coroner > deth

Well, yes.

But also, duh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:16 am 
Metal Slave

Obligatory 'dis mah fave 'Deth album' comment.

I like my coffee with extra 'shuggah.

Post subject: Re: Megadeth - Rust In Peace (#1226)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:20 am 
I live with my parents!

I've always avoided Megadeth. This is due to my lack of interest in Thrash in general. However, after purchasing this album a few days back I must say this is one tremendous album. Dripping with energizing solos and prestine quality riffage. The only down side is Mustaine's vocals. I got over that pretty quick though. This album is perfection.

Post subject: Re: Megadeth - Rust In Peace (#1226)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:51 am 
Einherjar

Take No Prisoners! Take No Shit!! Hell yes, bitches. A bonafide scorcher from the Megadeth riff factory that might very well be their best ever. I fight the urge to play air guitar every time I hear either Holy Wars or Hangar 18 in a public place. Still bummed about missing the RIP 20th Anniversary tour when the band played the whole record front to back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5