Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:19 pm 
Holy_Terror wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
rio wrote:
Haha, well I know that Dave claims that Metallica used his riffs uncredited right up until the 90s... Meh, It wouldn't surprise me that much. I've always liked Megadeth but just over the last year they've suddenly leapt into my consciousness much more than before. I'm starting to regard Mustaine as something of a genius :D

Dave is a badass, no doubt. Risk was a flop for me, The World Needs A Hero was a solid album, but I'd like to smack him for including that song with the answering machine messages. That was extremely lame. The System Has Failed was a kick ass metal album! I don't care what anyone says. That album was great. And before Risk I love every album.

Youthanasia is my favorite album, "Addicted To Chaos" is my favorite Megadeth song.

Well that explains a lot.

It wasn't an explanation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:30 pm 
Svartalfar

Metalhead_Bastard wrote:
rust in peace is amazing...holy wars...the punishment due is megadeth's best song ever, and possibly one of the greatest heavy metal songs ever! :D

I really dont think that holy wars is megadeths best song although its fuckin great, i have to say its either Set the world afire or Poision was the cure, but to be honest holy wars is fuckin mental

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:32 pm 
Karma Whore

metallica06 wrote:
Metalhead_Bastard wrote:
rust in peace is amazing...holy wars...the punishment due is megadeth's best song ever, and possibly one of the greatest heavy metal songs ever! :D

I really dont think that holy wars is megadeths best song although its fuckin great, i have to say its either Set the world afire or Poision was the cure, but to be honest holy wars is fuckin mental

Uuuugh, your username couldn't have been Megadeth 06, could it? Your'e entitled to your opinion, but the fucking riff-fest that is Holy Wars owns everyone's asses!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:15 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

What's The System has Failed like?

I have a friend that bought it: He hates metal, but he worships the drummer that did that recording so he bought it just for that. So anyway, now he says he doesn't like it so I hope he'll let me keep it....

I suddenly realised that The World Needs a Hero is actually a really cool album, so my opinions on recent era Megadeth are shifting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:58 am 
Karma Whore

Metalhead_Bastard wrote:
metallica06 wrote:
Metalhead_Bastard wrote:

Uuuugh, your username couldn't have been Megadeth 06, could it? Your'e entitled to your opinion, but the fucking riff-fest that is Holy Wars owns everyone's asses!

Yeah my fovourite too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:02 pm 
Ist Krieg

rio wrote:

I have a friend that bought it: He hates metal, but he worships the drummer that did that recording so he bought it just for that. So anyway, now he says he doesn't like it so I hope he'll let me keep it....

I suddenly realised that The World Needs a Hero is actually a really cool album, so my opinions on recent era Megadeth are shifting...

Vinnie Colaiuta? Isn't he just some John Q. Random that does studio work?

Anyway, its a decent album, nothing too special. It sounds somewhere between Countdown and Youthanasia, but not as good as either. Actually, there's a small amount of Cryptic Writings in there too, but not much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:15 pm 
Metal King

Radagast wrote:

He used to be Frank Zappa's drummer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:43 pm 
Ist Krieg

rio wrote:

I actually liked it a lot. I played it a shit ton when I first got it. Every now and then I'll pop it back in my player to hear "Kick the Chair" or "Die Dead Enough." There is also a track on there that takes stabs at Lars. I think it's called "Something I'm Not." Anyway, I recommend to anybody, especially a Megadeth fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:47 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Radagast wrote:
rio wrote:

Anyway, its a decent album, nothing too special. It sounds somewhere between Countdown and Youthanasia, but not as good as either. Actually, there's a small amount of Cryptic Writings in there too, but not much.

He's a session drummer, but a very good one. My friend is a drummer himself, you see, so he likes to get records with well known session players on even though he'll hate the music on it. The crazy fool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:44 pm 
Karma Whore

rio wrote:
Radagast wrote:
rio wrote:

He's a session drummer, but a very good one. My friend is a drummer himself, you see, so he likes to get records with well known session players on even though he'll hate the music on it. The crazy fool.

Put it this way, it's good, but Back in the Day is fucking awesome, bloody brilliant song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:01 am 
Ist Krieg

rio wrote:
Radagast wrote:
rio wrote:

Yeah that's a bit mental.

From Frank Zappa to Megdeth. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:25 am 
Einherjar

rio wrote:

I hate it, it's a shithouse 'return to form' record with Mustaine apishly failing at recreating most of the formative stages of his band with quite a bit of his selloutedness remaining intact.

If you like The World Needs a Hero, then you should like it, however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:50 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Dead Machine wrote:
rio wrote:

I hate it, it's a shithouse 'return to form' record with Mustaine apishly failing at recreating most of the formative stages of his band with quite a bit of his selloutedness remaining intact.

Haha, do I detect a subtle jab at my musical tastes here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:52 am 
MetalReviews Staff

rio wrote:
Dead Machine wrote:
rio wrote:

Well I liked TWNAH, and apparently SHF is better, so should be good. I haven't bought any MD in a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:22 pm 
Karma Whore

Zad wrote:
rio wrote:
Dead Machine wrote:
rio wrote:

Well I liked TWNAH, and apparently SHF is better, so should be good. I haven't bought any MD in a while.

I hated TWNAH, and thought that TSHF is ok, bleh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:20 am 
Einherjar

rio wrote:

Hey, it's only there if you think it's there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:58 am 
Metal King

Metalhead_Bastard wrote:
Zad wrote:
rio wrote:
Dead Machine wrote:
rio wrote:

I hated TWNAH, and thought that TSHF is ok, bleh.

I second that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:32 pm 
Metal Fighter

This album is a god to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:49 pm 
rio wrote:

TSF is awesome! Blackmail The Universe and Back In The Day are two of the best songs Megadeth has ever recorded IMO. And Kick The Chair (intentionally) sounds just like Take No Prisoners off RIP. There's actually a little bit of every era of MD on this album. The aforementioned BTU, for example, has bits and pieces of Peace Sells in it. KTC has some RIP. Die Dead Enough sounds like it came straight out of Cryptic Writings. Something I'm Not sounds like a Countdown To Extinction song. And so on and so forth.

And I agree with you about World Needs A Hero. That is probably one of the most underrated metal albums of 2001.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:13 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Seinfeld26 wrote:
rio wrote:

TSF is awesome! Blackmail The Universe and Back In The Day are two of the best songs Megadeth has ever recorded IMO. And Kick The Chair (intentionally) sounds just like Take No Prisoners off RIP. There's actually a little bit of every era of MD on this album. The aforementioned BTU, for example, has bits and pieces of Peace Sells in it. KTC has some RIP. Die Dead Enough sounds like it came straight out of Cryptic Writings. Something I'm Not sounds like a Countdown To Extinction song. And so on and so forth.

And I agree with you about World Needs A Hero. That is probably one of the most underrated metal albums of 2001.

Heh, well I got this album several weeks back. I agree, it's a really good record.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next