Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:53 am 
MetalReviews Staff

I don't get why everyone hates TWNAH. It's alright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:29 am 
Ist Krieg

rio wrote:
Seinfeld26 wrote:
rio wrote:
What's The System has Failed like?

I have a friend that bought it: He hates metal, but he worships the drummer that did that recording so he bought it just for that. So anyway, now he says he doesn't like it so I hope he'll let me keep it....

I suddenly realised that The World Needs a Hero is actually a really cool album, so my opinions on recent era Megadeth are shifting...

TSF is awesome! Blackmail The Universe and Back In The Day are two of the best songs Megadeth has ever recorded IMO. And Kick The Chair (intentionally) sounds just like Take No Prisoners off RIP. There's actually a little bit of every era of MD on this album. The aforementioned BTU, for example, has bits and pieces of Peace Sells in it. KTC has some RIP. Die Dead Enough sounds like it came straight out of Cryptic Writings. Something I'm Not sounds like a Countdown To Extinction song. And so on and so forth.

And I agree with you about World Needs A Hero. That is probably one of the most underrated metal albums of 2001.

Heh, well I got this album several weeks back. I agree, it's a really good record.

I put Blackmail The Universe down as Mustaine's worst ever vocal performance. But I agree, its a nice album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:31 am 
MetalReviews Staff

Zad wrote:

It's OK. Some good songs on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:20 pm 
Einherjar

Thy Serpent wrote:
I pretty much like their stuff up until risk. Risk was average at best. Probably an experimental album. My fav Megadeth album though is Youthanasia. It's actually one of my fav albums of all time. :twisted:

agreed. i like 'RIP' a lot but i somehw hand a liking for youthanasia more. i guess its the melancholy of the whole album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:26 pm 
Einherjar

rio wrote:
Zad wrote:

It's OK. Some good songs on it.

great comeback

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:38 am 
Einherjar

Megadeth's equal best with Endgame and Peace Sells, that's where I place Rust In Peace

also I always thought So Far, So Good, So What? was under-rated

come on you've got Set The World Afire, 502, In My Darkest Hour, Liar and Hook In Mouth plus the cover of Anarchy In The U.K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:52 am 
Ist Krieg

RelentlessOblivion wrote:
Megadeth's equal best with Endgame and Peace Sells, that's where I place Rust In Peace

also I always thought So Far, So Good, So What? was under-rated

come on you've got Set The World Afire, 502, In My Darkest Hour, Liar and Hook In Mouth plus the cover of Anarchy In The U.K.
Endgame :blink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:05 am 
Einherjar

what's wrong with Endgame? This Day We Fight, 44 Minutes, the title track, Bite The Hand, Headcrusher, The Hardest Part Of Letting Go, admittedly the last two tracks are dreadful but I personally like the album overall, it's much better then the follow-up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:08 am 
Einherjar

Nothing wrong with it, it's a decent album. Just mentioning in the same league as RIP and PSBWB is going a little overboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:14 am 
The Commish

Endgame is decent, so is Thirteen (shoot me), but nowhere near the excellency of RiP or PSBWB.

To think that is just wrong. Wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:19 am 
Einherjar

not a huge fan of Megadeth's post RIP work so aside from PSBWB, KIMBABIG and SFSGSW there's not much Megadeth I will listen to, TWNAH and TSHF are horribly weak with only a couple of worthwhile songs on them, United Abominations is pretty decent but Endgame is ahead of that and for me ahead of SFSGSW which for me ties with the debut, just how I see things but I admit it isn't a popular opinion and many would argue it shouldn't be

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:51 am 
Ist Krieg

At a certain point those acronyms went over my head. Umm Countdown to Extinction is fucking amazing. Actually, my favorite 'deth album albeit not nearly as good as RiP or Peace Sells. Youthanasia is kinda fucking awesome in its own way. Like a little borderline Black Album-y, but it works. The fact that Cryptic Writings is what Mustaine was doing while 'tallica was doing Load makes it so much better. All albums worth a mention prior to bringing up Endgame or what I would consider superior, UA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:14 am 
Einherjar

United Abominations is a good album, I personally dislike Writings, despise Youthanasia almost to the degree I hate RISK, the two albums prior to Abominations are also not worth anything to me, CTE earns a lot of praise and I sort of get it but it isn't even close to my favourite, it never really clicked with me in the way my favourites did, and I should stress Endgame is one of my favourites though I have found myself wavering on it a little lately

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:17 am 
Ist Krieg

United Abominations is a good album, I personally dislike Writings, despise Youthanasia almost to the degree I hate RISK, the two albums prior to Abominations are also not worth anything to me, CTE earns a lot of praise and I sort of get it but it isn't even close to my favourite, it never really clicked with me in the way my favourites did, and I should stress Endgame is one of my favourites though I have found myself wavering on it a little lately
I can't talk to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:17 am 
Ist Krieg

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? ASHES IN YOUR FUCKING MOUTH!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 am 
Einherjar

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wow that worked waaaaaaaaaaaay better then I had hoped, ok serious time now CTE is a solid album, love the title track

especially the demo version where it's a little quicker

ok this time I promise I won't pull this stuff anymore but you have to admit it is kinda easy to trash Megadeth when there are so many bands that make even their best stuff look tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:32 am 
Ist Krieg

I see what you did there. Fucker.

Looking back on Countdown, it has some goofy tracks but I just adore it all as a package. It's a good time in musical format. Trash Megadeth? What the fuck are you talking about? Those first four albums are priceless. Less extreme or not, they got the fucking licks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:04 am 
Einherjar

ok don't know why my last post didn't go up

what I mean is that because they aren't as extreme the thrash elitists tend to look down on Megadeth and dismiss their entire discography, I don't enjoy what they put out between CTE and Abominations as much (though I do like more of Youthanasia then any of the albums that followed prior to UA) but overall I enjoy Megadeth probably the most out of any of the "big four" with Slayer running a close second, now I'm gonna go comment on a Slayer thread here's hoping Reign In Blood is open for comment since I have some very unpopular thoughts on that one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:07 am 
Ist Krieg

ok don't know why my last post didn't go up

what I mean is that because they aren't as extreme the thrash elitists tend to look down on Megadeth and dismiss their entire discography, I don't enjoy what they put out between CTE and Abominations as much (though I do like more of Youthanasia then any of the albums that followed prior to UA) but overall I enjoy Megadeth probably the most out of any of the "big four" with Slayer running a close second, now I'm gonna go comment on a Slayer thread here's hoping Reign In Blood is open for comment since I have some very unpopular thoughts on that one
I would say I enjoy Megadeth the most, albeit the nostalgia keeping Metallica a close second. Thrash elitists or just plain douchebags? If I ever heard Bar or DW bash 'deth I would call them out for that shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:07 am 
Einherjar

here's hoping Reign In Blood is open for comment since I have some very unpopular thoughts on that one

Awwwwww hell no.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next