Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:20 pm 
Karma Whore

kakaman wrote:
atleast im not trying to be different
:x

What the hell are you talking about? Its a fucking opinion. He's not "trying to be different." He has an opinion that differs from what most people think. Wow, how terrible. Next thing you know, people will be wanting the right to vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:16 am 
I don't care what most of you think. Vulgar was a step toward the masterpiece "Far Beyond Driven", which happens to be the heaviest and most pissed off album of all time. This is the one album to this day that still destroys everything in its path. People in my opinion that dis Vulgar or Driven hardly know about metal, because they are diluded with bad production crap metal. Definitely, the best musicians that I have heard on an album. If there is a definition of metal, then Pantera did it with Vulgar and Driven.

Edit: "Reign In Blood" might as well be up there."

I would like for someone to tell me what Band or album they think defines metal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:21 am 
Einherjar

RicMortis wrote:
I don't care what most of you think. Vulgar was a step toward the masterpiece "Far Beyond Driven", which happens to be the heaviest and most pissed off album of all time. This is the one album to this day that still destroys everything in its path. People in my opinion that dis Vulgar or Driven hardly know about metal, because they are diluded with bad production crap metal. Definitely, the best musicians that I have heard on an album. If there is a definition of metal, then Pantera did it with Vulgar and Driven.

I would like for someone to tell me what Band or album they think defines metal.

Your serious....?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:24 am 
Damn straight. It seems that most people are impressed with pussy metal and when confronted with a true masterpiece, they will stick with what they know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:39 pm 
Karma Whore

vulgar display of power is fantastic! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:43 pm 
metalhead wrote:

...when you're 14 :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:46 pm 
Karma Whore

The Immortal Emokid wrote:
metalhead wrote:

...when you're 14 :P

i shoulda just said i was 32. hmmmm... ive got something there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:49 pm 
Karma Whore

RicMortis wrote:

You've got to be kidding me. Far Beyond Driven is the heaviest and most pissed off album of all time? Go listen to Darkness Descends, Beneath the Remains, Pleasure to Kill or 1000 other albums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:52 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

really, i can't see how anyone could like anything about this album. people say they like it for the heaviness and brutality, but it's not heavy or brutal at all. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:56 pm 
Karma Whore

Gast1 wrote:
really, i can't see how anyone could like anything about this album. people say they like it for the heaviness and brutality, but it's not heavy or brutal at all. :?

Exactly.. Take Walk. They just repeat that really bad riff over and over again. Then This Love, where they have really dumb start/stop choruses that sound really lame. Then take the rest of the album, which pretty much sucks the whole way through, give or take one or two songs that have some quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:58 pm 
Karma Whore

Brahm_K wrote:
Gast1 wrote:

Exactly.. Take Walk. They just repeat that really bad riff over and over again. Then This Love, where they have really dumb start/stop choruses that sound really lame. Then take the rest of the album, which pretty much sucks the whole way through, give or take one or two songs that have some quality.

well walk is a killer live, and this love is really cool, mixing slow and heavy moments to great effect, and if they album sucked ass then it wouldnt have recieved a classic review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:01 pm 
Metal Lord

Brahm_K wrote:
RicMortis wrote:

You've got to be kidding me. Far Beyond Driven is the heaviest and most pissed off album of all time? Go listen to Darkness Descends, Beneath the Remains, Pleasure to Kill or 1000 other albums.

Dark Funeral - Secrets Of The Black Arts, for one makes this sound like AOR.

V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:03 pm 
Karma Whore

metalhead wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:
Gast1 wrote:

well walk is a killer live, and this love is really cool, mixing slow and heavy moments to great effect, and if they album sucked ass then it wouldnt have recieved a classic review.

I saw Damageplan play Walk when I saw them with Shadows Fall. It really wasn't good. And I still think This Love sucks. And just because something recieves Classic status on this site, does not mean it is automatically good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:04 pm 
Karma Whore

valefor wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:
RicMortis wrote:

V.

this album wasnt intended for death/black metal audiences, so its really pointless comparin it (in terms of heaviness and brutality) to those genres.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:15 pm 
Metal Lord

metalhead wrote:
valefor wrote:
Brahm_K wrote:
RicMortis wrote:

V.

this album wasnt intended for death/black metal audiences, so its really pointless comparin it (in terms of heaviness and brutality) to those genres.

The dude said "of all time"...
V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:22 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Agreed, they use loads of technical riffs but unfortunately they all suck and cannot possibly form a decent song together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:56 pm 
Metal King

I saw this album on classics back in feb and wanted to post a messge then, but never got around to it. Now that I've seen it again, I cant see why I cant give my 2 cents on this band right now.

I am 28 years old and when I started to get into metal back in the late 80's, early 90's, Pantera was one of the 5 bands which started me off (Metallica, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Sepultura were the others).
As time has gone by, I have slowly drifted away from the type of metal Pantera played, but still bought their albums when they came out.
And although my liking for them has dropped off a bit, I'll always pull out Vulgar Display Of Power, or The Great Southern Trendkill and give them a spin to recapture those glory days.
In short, I may have moved on from that Pantera-era, but that band ROCKED! And will always rock.
The weekend in which Dimebag died, I played a Pantera tribute for the whole weekend, playing every Pantera album as loud as fucking hell, and it felt great.

Whats this, people hating "Walk"?! Walk is Pantera's anthem. When you think of Pantera, Walk is the 1st song that comes to mind. 2nd would probably be 5 Minutes Alone.
The huge Pantera fan which said that they are the heaviest and angriest...well, i dont quite agree with you there, but they were damn heavy for that type of music.
And if you wanna hear some awesome Pantera riffs, go and listen to Strength Beyond Strength from Far Beyond Driven, or Suicide Note, Part 2 from The Great Southern Trendkill.
Lots of people are knocking this band and thats fair enough. Their music wasnt everyone's cup of tea...but Pantera were with me as I grew into metal and I'll never stop listening to them.....
R.I.P Dimebag.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:15 pm 
Karma Whore

never really liked pantera, like gast said, it's not really metal. oh well...armored saint cd's here i come! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:25 pm 
Metal King

Fingon wrote:
never really liked pantera, like gast said, it's not really metal. oh well...armored saint cd's here i come! :twisted:

Of course it's not metal;it's reggae!

Post subject: Re: Yeah
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:38 am 
Holy_Terror wrote:
I personally think he sounds like a mad raven cawing from some forsaken perch. albums.

You're fucking kidding me right? A mad raven cawing from some forsaken perch. Blah blah blah.

You can push play and start watching Lord of the Rings again.

How 'bout a jackass with a forsaken purch up his ass...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next