Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

Post subject: Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King (#2792)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:42 am 
You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King
Traditional Metal
Quoted: Classic

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:12 pm 
Metal Lord

Excellent axemanship... though I don't consider Oliva's work "wankery" at all.
He was one of the best, RIP!
V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:34 pm 
Karma Whore

I love this album. Great choice for a classic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:35 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

This is a 100!!! No doubt one of their best. Great comeback after the somewhat disappointing "Fight For The Rock", though I like that one too! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:11 pm 
Einherjar

This is a pretty good album, Savatage is one of those bands that is good, but not great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:45 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Holy crap, I have to pick this one up. Grieg is one of my favorites, and "Hall of the Mountain King" is one of the most fun pieces to play I've ever encountered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:46 pm 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

Holy_Terror wrote:
This is a pretty good album, Savatage is one of those bands that is good, but not great.

right, whatever. they had 3 albums in a row that are close to perfect and are absolute classics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:50 pm 
Savatage kicks ass! and so does this album! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:37 pm 
Einherjar

I thought they were only mediocre....the fact that you think they are perfect speaks volumes on your inadequate heavy metal intellect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:48 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Holy_Terror wrote:
I thought they were only mediocre....the fact that you think they are perfect speaks volumes on your inadequate heavy metal intellect.

Dude, I wouldn't know what to do without your taste-bash posts man, they are fucking awesome. I'm looking forward to the time when some half assed fag that thinks he knows shit about BM shows up for me to do the same 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:40 am 
Metal Slave

This album is a favorite of mine, and probably my second favorite Savatage album right after Streets: A Rock Opera, and right before Dead Winter Dead and Gutter Ballet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:36 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

Holy_Terror wrote:

no, you thinking they are mediocre speaks for your cluelessness in music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:46 am 
To Holy_Terror,

I would just love it if maybe you never posted anything in the forum under my reviews again, you never have anything good to say about anything, unless the person is agreeing with you. As for you thinking that Savatage is mediocre, you are sorely mistaken, and I believe that I speak for most everyone in this thread right now when I say that Savatage is one of the best bands in the traditional vein of metal to come out of the 80's. Everyone is indeed entitled to their his/her opinion, but for you to shove yours down everyone elses throat, when they disagree with you, is something you are not entitled to.

Brent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:53 am 
Einherjar

Brent, donn't worry I wont, your review wasnt that good anyway. But you're wrong when you say I try to shove my opinion down peoples throats. Everyone argues for their opinions, some argue more vehemently then others. All I said was that I thought it was an ok album, then Winter told me that he thought I was wrong, and he said it in a way that I felt was a bit antagonistic due to his other replies to anything I say. As far as Savatage is concerned....they are totally mediocre, and like you said, its an opinion. I happen to find them to be extremely boring and unsatisfying. Gutter Ballet is boring, Hall of the Mountain King is better...but still boring. Handful of Rain...or whatever the fuck its called, totally sucks. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. I've heard a lot of metal (80's metal) to the point where I think I can call myself quite learned in the field. And if I were to look through my catalogue of heavy metal music....I would rank Savatage as being one of the middle of the road bands. There is nothing that sets them apart from other bands. In all honesty, I would rather listen to Thundersteel by Riot, because it is far superior.

Oh one more thing. ITs the fucking internet, I can say whatever the fuck I want about metal on this forum. If you don't like it, then don't put your opinions on an international forum where people are bound to disagree with you.

Now stop being such a pussy and do a Cirith Ungol review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:57 am 
Einherjar

Oh and Gast, I think I've been pretty tolerant of other peoples opinions lately, its just that Winter and I apparently are mortal enemies, so any time I address him, it will have to be in a dismissive.

And since you are a big BM fan, I don't think you can claim to be a non-elitist. So.....thus spake the night spirit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:31 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

Holy_Terror wrote:
Brent, donn't worry I wont, your review wasnt that good anyway. But you're wrong when you say I try to shove my opinion down peoples throats. Everyone argues for their opinions, some argue more vehemently then others. All I said was that I thought it was an ok album, then Winter told me that he thought I was wrong, and he said it in a way that I felt was a bit antagonistic due to his other replies to anything I say. As far as Savatage is concerned....they are totally mediocre, and like you said, its an opinion. I happen to find them to be extremely boring and unsatisfying. Gutter Ballet is boring, Hall of the Mountain King is better...but still boring. Handful of Rain...or whatever the fuck its called, totally sucks. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. I've heard a lot of metal (80's metal) to the point where I think I can call myself quite learned in the field. And if I were to look through my catalogue of heavy metal music....I would rank Savatage as being one of the middle of the road bands. There is nothing that sets them apart from other bands. In all honesty, I would rather listen to Thundersteel by Riot, because it is far superior.

Oh one more thing. ITs the fucking internet, I can say whatever the fuck I want about metal on this forum. If you don't like it, then don't put your opinions on an international forum where people are bound to disagree with you.

Now stop being such a pussy and do a Cirith Ungol review.

nice way to make yourself look like a complete ignorant arrogant ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:34 am 
WinterIsComing wrote:

I thought it was a nicely developed and concluded response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:43 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

HumanTorch wrote:
WinterIsComing wrote:

read it again when you are sober.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:47 am 
WinterIsComing wrote:
HumanTorch wrote:
WinterIsComing wrote:

read it again when you are sober.

not to mention well written.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:43 am 
I knew you would say something more to make yourself look better than everyone else. You truly really are a loser, and it seems to me that your only way to express yourself is to make it seem that you know more about metal than anyone else here, thus giving yourself a much needed self esteem boost. So, you are right, this is the internet, where a lot of unintelligent people make asses of themselves, where no one can see their faces and you seem to be doing a great job of it. Go ahead, say what you want in the future, I shall just scroll down past your meaningless posts, and read to some halfway intelligent statements/opinions of our other readers.

Brent