Quote:
Angra - Fireworks
Melodic Heavy Metal
Quoted: 92 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject: Angra Is the Best
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:20 pm 

Hello everyone.

Wow... being the first one to post a reply to Angra's Firework is such an honor to me. I'm a fan of Angra since the very beggining! And i think that the score is OK for me. Well, i would give it 95 or 96.

I'm surely the wrong person to review any of Angra's albums, because i like EVERYTHING they do, and i'm really hard in the oppinion that Angra don't do nothing bad!

I've just been in the Temple Of Shadows show, here in Brasília, Brasil, and it was simplty AMAZING! They played from Angel's Cry to Temple Of Shadows, in a show that will remain in our minds for a long, long time.

Very good review!

Best Regards 8) ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:24 am 
Svartalfar

Hey kaustikh, I'm from Brasilia too!

Fireworks is, in my opinion, one of the best albums Angra has made. It is side by side with Angels Cry, both are amazingly well done, masterpieces!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:37 pm 
Metal King

Eh...how on earth could this be a classic? :? It's only 7 years old and one of Angra's weaker releases IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:49 pm 
December Flower wrote:
Eh...how on earth could this be a classic? :? It's only 7 years old and one of Angra's weaker releases IMO.

it's not a classic... 92/100 is not a classic rate so chill out ! :wink:

Imo, their weakest is their first.... Fireworks is like their more classic hm album (probably thanks to Chris Tsangarides production) and a good one ! I'll give it 85/100...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:10 pm 
Einherjar

Ok lets get one thing straight. If you're album isnt more than 15 years old.....it has no right to be called a classic. Instant classic don't exist either....so that cannot be used to justify this. Also....this type of metal...is not classic. Pretty Maids is classic, and if I want slightly girlish metal..I'll listen to them and not Angra. Angra.....the name makes me think of a heavier band....not colorful gay metal that sings about angels crying....come on. Metal is about Satan and killing. Thats pretty stereotypical but it sounds funny. So let it go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:55 pm 
Ist Krieg

Just heard this slut for the first time. I've been holding off b/c I have heard bad things from my friends. That'll learn me to listen to them, b/c this album is great!! :D I'm on my second spin now and I like it more this time around. It isn't as good as the other Angra albums, but it still kicks the shit out of a lot of the crap out there.

And yeah, definitely not a classic and I wasn't expecting a comment like that from Holy Terror. :shock: What a shocker!! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:11 am 
Metal Fighter

Hey! Calm down everybody! A classic? This album? That's nothing more than the 4th or 5th league of Metal. Come on! Gimme a break! How can you call this thing a classic? Despite the fact that it has added literally nothing into the genre, it's one of the worst albums in the history of Metal. Or perhaps we shouldn't put it into the drawer labeled 'Metal' at all?

OK. Metal Icarus is fine, but the rest? It's not about Matos' voice, beacuse I think that more gentle and smooth voices work fine in music. It's about all the melodies, all the happy stuff that makes the listener puke. Don't want to offend anybody, don't get me wrong, but didn't you forget about the real classics? The albums which created, founded and enriched the genre? Sure, we can call the first Rhapsody a classic album, but what's the point? I think that first you should write about stuff about existence the average metal fan isn't aware of! Where are the reviews of Manilla Road, Liege Lord, Virgin Steele, Cacophony, Metal Church etc.?

And then a mall-core dude reads such reviews of 'classic' albums like mentioned here Angra, and thinks that this is metal, and that's the way it should be played & perceived. I don't know what's the situation in the USA, but here in Poland there are hordes of kindermetalheads which are boasting about their Iron Maiden T-shirts but in fact they have nothing constructive to say about things they listen to. You know, it's the situation like you have a guy who has been listening to Slayer for 15 years, although he is 12. Lots of such kids walk the streets and say that Marylin Manson is Heavy Metal, and so on.

Webzines are not only to introduce the albums to the broader public. They should have an educational role, and get younger people more familiar with Metal.

Wow, that's pretty long :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:20 am 
Ist Krieg

Angel Black wrote:
Hey! Calm down everybody! A classic? This album? That's nothing more than the 4th or 5th league of Metal. Come on! Gimme a break! How can you call this thing a classic? Despite the fact that it has added literally nothing into the genre, it's one of the worst albums in the history of Metal. Or perhaps we shouldn't put it into the drawer labeled 'Metal' at all?

OK. Metal Icarus is fine, but the rest? It's not about Matos' voice, beacuse I think that more gentle and smooth voices work fine in music. It's about all the melodies, all the happy stuff that makes the listener puke. Don't want to offend anybody, don't get me wrong, but didn't you forget about the real classics? The albums which created, founded and enriched the genre? Sure, we can call the first Rhapsody a classic album, but what's the point? I think that first you should write about stuff about existence the average metal fan isn't aware of! Where are the reviews of Manilla Road, Liege Lord, Virgin Steele, Cacophony, Metal Church etc.?

And then a mall-core dude reads such reviews of 'classic' albums like mentioned here Angra, and thinks that this is metal, and that's the way it should be played & perceived. I don't know what's the situation in the USA, but here in Poland there are hordes of kindermetalheads which are boasting about their Iron Maiden T-shirts but in fact they have nothing constructive to say about things they listen to. You know, it's the situation like you have a guy who has been listening to Slayer for 15 years, although he is 12. Lots of such kids walk the streets and say that Marylin Manson is Heavy Metal, and so on.

Webzines are not only to introduce the albums to the broader public. They should have an educational role, and get younger people more familiar with Metal.

Wow, that's pretty long :wink:

Calm down man. The only reason this is in the classics section is b/c it is a veeeeeery old review. It isn't supposed to be in this section. Ask Mike@MetalReviews.com he can explain it better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:58 am 
Angel Black wrote:
(...)Manilla Road, Liege Lord, Virgin Steele, Cacophony, Metal Church(...)

(except for Vigin Steele) Angra is much better than the bands you mention... and Fireworks has more of a classic feel to me than any album by Manilla Road (which I used to like but got tired of), Liege Lord (99th rate metal ? :wink: ) or Metal Church (a nice band but not much more)... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:57 am 
metalNESS wrote:

Calm down man. The only reason this is in the classics section is b/c it is a veeeeeery old review. It isn't supposed to be in this section. Ask Mike@MetalReviews.com he can explain it better.

Right....

You can find a lot of older reviews in this sections that aren't "classics." This used to be referred to as the "archive" section, simply meaning that ANY non "new release" could be reviewed here.

However, we've since started including "archive reviews" into the weekly updates, and changed the "archive section" to what you see today as the "classics" section.

And no, we're not going to move those old non-classics out of this section (In case that was the next question) :D . Too much time involved for little benefit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:11 am 
So, I take it that Winger album isn't a classic? (though it is excellent).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:36 am 
Ist Krieg

Hmph, I don't like this album much. It put me off Matos-era Angra for a while. I recently bought Angels Cry - now thats a much better album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:51 pm 
Ist Krieg

Radagast wrote:
Hmph, I don't like this album much. It put me off Matos-era Angra for a while. I recently bought Angels Cry - now thats a much better album.

Oh I definitely agree with that. Fireworks isn't even in the same league as Angels Cry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:22 pm 
Metal Fighter

Stefan wrote:
Angel Black wrote:
(...)Manilla Road, Liege Lord, Virgin Steele, Cacophony, Metal Church(...)

(except for Vigin Steele) Angra is much better than the bands you mention... and Fireworks has more of a classic feel to me than any album by Manilla Road (which I used to like but got tired of), Liege Lord (99th rate metal ? :wink: ) or Metal Church (a nice band but not much more)... :roll:

Better...Well that's your personal feeling, but don't you that Angra wouldn't have existed in such exact form if some of these bands hadn't recorded their stuff? These bands did more for metal, than the power metal altogether :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:30 pm 
I keep hearing a song on Music Choice from the new album, "I'm Alive," or something like that...man, it's a kick ass song, but nothing like their other stuff. It seems that they've gone rock, too.

Last edited by Eyesore on Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:18 pm 
Ist Krieg

Eyesore wrote:
I keep hearing a song on Music Choice from the new album, "I'm Alive," or something like that...man, it's a kick ass song, nut nothing like their other stuff. It seems that they've gone rock, too.

What new album?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:51 pm 
metalNESS wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I keep hearing a song on Music Choice from the new album, "I'm Alive," or something like that...man, it's a kick ass song, nut nothing like their other stuff. It seems that they've gone rock, too.

What new album?

Well, the latest album. I still don't own it.

EDIT: Fook me! I'm on the wrong band. Disregard. I was thinking of Nocturnal Rites and their "Still Alive" song. No idea how I went from that to Angra. Nevermind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:24 am 
Metal King

metalNESS wrote:
Radagast wrote:

Oh I definitely agree with that. Fireworks isn't even in the same league as Angels Cry.

Firework is much better than Angels Cry imo! IT has good songs and great vintage songs, with balls! Angels Cry sounds gay to me.Nevertheless it's beter than your average power metal(DragonForce and co.)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:59 am 
Ist Krieg

stub wrote:
metalNESS wrote:
Radagast wrote:

Firework is much better than Angels Cry imo! IT has good songs and great vintage songs, with balls! Angels Cry sounds gay to me.Nevertheless it's beter than your average power metal(DragonForce and co.)!

Your input on this is worthless.