Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:42 am

Post subject: Sons of Liberty (Schaffer of Iced Earth's new project)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:35 pm 
Metal King

Listeining to it right now.. Not sure what to think.

Listen to it for free on http://www.sons-of-liberty.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:27 pm 
Ist Krieg

Shit, you see the links on the left of the page? Has Schaffer been talking to Megadave?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:05 am 
Metal King

I actually bought this the first day it was announced. Haha. Looks like they had an unfinished page up (white background, no images, just links down the middle) with the Paypal button at the bottom.

It's very good. Seems more inspired than recent IE albums, though the production is just as weak. (Jon doesn't do Pro Tools very well.) And it's clearly a drum machine. But still...the music is very good, and Jon does a great job singing—better than I've ever heard him.

Something tells me, though, that some of these songs are leftovers from The Glorious Burden. Thematically, it all fits. But beyond that, I swear I hear Barlow and Owens in the mix at times, sort of harmonizing with Jon.

Either way, it's a really solid album. Very catchy.

Post subject: Great
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:48 pm 
Metal Servant

It's an amazing ICED EARTH album and best of all they released it FREE OF CHARGE! I hope you will make a small donation if you like the album so that they can use this formula for releasing their future albums! Jon was live on the Alex Jones show and explaining why he did this album.

He says he had read the book "Creature from Jekyll Island" and this got him hooked so he read tons of similar political books and movies and got convinced that it is the modern american's patriotic duty to get rid of the privately owned US Federal Reserve Bank just like the founding father 1776 fought for freedom and for their right to issue their own currency and not be forced to use the English private centralbanks notes and paying high interest to these greedy bankers. The US is in so much debt that the Federal Reserve is telling them what to do and this can be seen in trillions of dollars in bailouts that they can choose to spend freely (they do not lend it out to boost the economy, they buy up their competition and assets!) to the banks under the Federal Reserve system. Jon Schaffer says he has become a huge Ron Paul supporter and supports his efforts to end the fed and give the US Treasury department the right to issue the American dollars. John F Kennedy wrote an executive order to do this, but unfortunately he very soon got shot after this and Lyndon Johnson gave the private bankers back their right to issue the dollar and earn interest on every dollar ever put into circulation!

Jon says he has written this album to rally all heavy metal fans to fight for liberty and peace and hopes that this album will educate people to all corruption that is going on in the world and how it is tied up to the Federal Reserve and that people should rally behind politicans (like republican Ron Paul or democrat Dennis Kucinich) whose highest priority is to give back the right to issue the dollars to the american people. Jon says he hopes fans will make copies and give it to all their friends and recommends that this might be a great christmas gift.

You can listen to the whole 40 minute video interview here, where Alex Jones is interviewing Jon Schaffer in his studio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXcGIjGGdGU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:51 pm 
Ist Krieg

...Yeah, he's got links to climate change denier websites. I'm skeptical.

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:54 pm 
Metal Servant

deleted.

Last edited by MetalMaster on Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Climate Change is a fraud
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:26 pm 
Metal Servant

FrigidSymphony wrote:

Nobody denies climate change, and why should you? Climate change has always occured, it is the notion that humans are causing climate change that people dispute.Thousand years ago the vikings discovered GREENland, and they gave the island that name because it had an beautiful and warm climate where everything was green. The temperature in our entire SOLAR system has risen, tell me how it is i.e. possible that our SUVs has caused the glacier of Saturn's moon to melt? How is it possible that we have had much warmer climate and nothing catastrophic has happened? What has been the reason for previous "global warming/cooling" periods when we lived in a pre-industrial age?

In the 70s these same fear mongerers said the planet would be unhabitable for humans by 2020 due to global cooling if nothing was done and now you believe them when they changed their mind? Al Gore has been saying the polar ice caps would completly melt within a few years for about TEN years!

What did leaders do at Copenhagen? Did it fail? No the global warming agenda was just a decoy for the bankers plundering us even more.
They now even got their international organ that they will use to "redistribute wealth" to poorer countries and will redistribute up to 100 trillion dollars a year to "fight global warming". Even if you think its a good idea you should know there is no transperency and they probably keep all the money for themselves and perhaps put up a few wind turbines for a couple hundred millions as a pr-trick.

Post subject: Re: Climate Change is a fraud
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:45 pm 
Metal King

MetalMaster wrote:
FrigidSymphony wrote:

Nobody denies climate change, and why should you? Climate change has always occured, it is the notion that humans are causing climate change that people dispute.Thousand years ago the vikings discovered GREENland, and they gave the island that name because it had an beautiful and warm climate where everything was green. The temperature in our entire SOLAR system has risen, tell me how it is i.e. possible that our SUVs has caused the glacier of Saturn's moon to melt? How is it possible that we have had much warmer climate and nothing catastrophic has happened? What has been the reason for previous "global warming/cooling" periods when we lived in a pre-industrial age?

In the 70s these same fear mongerers said the planet would be unhabitable for humans by 2020 due to global cooling if nothing was done and now you believe them when they changed their mind? Al Gore has been saying the polar ice caps would completly melt within a few years for about TEN years!

What did leaders do at Copenhagen? Did it fail? No the global warming agenda was just a decoy for the bankers plundering us even more.
They now even got their international organ that they will use to "redistribute wealth" to poorer countries and will redistribute up to 100 trillion dollars a year to "fight global warming". Even if you think its a good idea you should know there is no transperency and they probably keep all the money for themselves and perhaps put up a few wind turbines for a couple hundred millions as a pr-trick.

:wacko:

Post subject: Re: Climate Change is a fraud
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:51 pm 
Metal Servant

Tompa wrote:
MetalMaster wrote:
FrigidSymphony wrote:

:wacko:

Free thinking and common sense is allowed :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:48 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Oh noes, Alex Jones alert! Still, I quite like Iced Earth's OTT patriotism, so may well give this a doonload and then delete myself from their mailing list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:51 am 
Metal Servant

I don't give a toss about his politics. I just dig his tunes.
He does a surprisingly good job vocally here.

Hey Snore, can you clarify your criticism of the production. Because while you may have a point in regards to this album. I don't think you can make the same claim of say...Crucible Of Man which did not have "weak" production IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:45 am 
Ist Krieg

I enjoyed the songs I listened to. Pretty solid stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:49 am 
MetalReviews Staff

He's sung on IE albums before, no? Not sure about these songs, listened to two, rather meh overall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:57 pm 
Metal King

Fatpom wrote:
Hey Snore, can you clarify your criticism of the production. Because while you may have a point in regards to this album. I don't think you can make the same claim of say...Crucible Of Man which did not have "weak" production IMO.

My criticism is based on every post-Something Wicked (the first) album, even the last Demons & Wizards disc. I think that's when Jon began using Pro Tools and everything from the guitar tone to the mastering levels have been weak. The guitar tone in particular has sounded "thin," it doesn't have that same heaviness that an album like SWTWC had.

As for the mastering, if I take my old-ass Hysteria album from Def Leppard, the levels are very low. I can play that fucker on 30 in my truck, while most newer albums I can't play beyond 22 without making my ears bleed. I play SWTWC at that level, but The Glorious Burden, for instance, can go up to 27 or 28.

It's nit-picky, the mastering issue, but coupled with the thin guitar tone and the weak bottom end, I just can't help but wish Jon would work with a new producer, like Andy Sneap or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:58 pm 
Metal King

Goat wrote:
He's sung on IE albums before, no? Not sure about these songs, listened to two, rather meh overall.

He has, but never as good.

And this album is excellent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:56 am 
Metal Servant

Satan's Anus wrote:
Fatpom wrote:

My criticism is based on every post-Something Wicked (the first) album, even the last Demons & Wizards disc. I think that's when Jon began using Pro Tools and everything from the guitar tone to the mastering levels have been weak. The guitar tone in particular has sounded "thin," it doesn't have that same heaviness that an album like SWTWC had.

As for the mastering, if I take my old-ass Hysteria album from Def Leppard, the levels are very low. I can play that fucker on 30 in my truck, while most newer albums I can't play beyond 22 without making my ears bleed. I play SWTWC at that level, but The Glorious Burden, for instance, can go up to 27 or 28.

It's nit-picky, the mastering issue, but coupled with the thin guitar tone and the weak bottom end, I just can't help but wish Jon would work with a new producer, like Andy Sneap or something.

There really aren't enough fatal gas fulled house explosions in your neighborhood, you know that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:05 pm 
Metal King

Fatpom wrote:
Satan's Anus wrote:
Fatpom wrote:

There really aren't enough fatal gas fulled house explosions in your neighborhood, you know that?

I hope a funnel spider tries to find shelter in your winkin' pink brownie cake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:41 pm 
Ist Krieg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:56 pm 
Metal King

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:09 am 
Metal Fighter

Sounds Interesting. I'll have to download it sometime this week.