Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:10 pm 
The Commish

:lol:

Old Simpsons is genius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:48 pm 
Metal Lord

DevotedWalnut wrote:
:lol:

Old Simpsons is genius.

Indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 pm 
Metal King

RelentlessOblivion wrote:
weve lost snake

Really? When did that happen? I need to browse these forums a bit more I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:07 pm 
Einherjar

Thy Serpent wrote:
RelentlessOblivion wrote:
weve lost snake

Really? When did that happen? I need to browse these forums a bit more I guess.

Fuck, really? :blink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:19 pm 
Metal King

I just traced his posts and found out what happened :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:07 am 
Einherjar

I dont see why paying for an album or downloading it for free is a distinction worth making. Seems like Ken's argument actually hurts his poaition. His argument suggests that by paying for the album you are less objective about its quality and therefore potentially mired in a state of denial. Whereas, if you download it for free, you have no constraints on your opinion. You are in a sense free to be more subjective. I personally download tons of music, both paid for and free. Queensryche, however, is not a band worthy of eating up any of my bandwidth. Mindcrime and onwards is boring and overrated. This new stuff sounds uninspired and adding La Torre, who ia nothing more than a replicant of Tate and Midnight will not save these hacks from sounding like the DeGarmo-less bums that they are. Boom! You're welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:56 am 
Metal Lord

Holy_Terror wrote:
I dont see why paying for an album or downloading it for free is a distinction worth making. Seems like Ken's argument actually hurts his poaition. His argument suggests that by paying for the album you are less objective about its quality and therefore potentially mired in a state of denial. Whereas, if you download it for free, you have no constraints on your opinion. You are in a sense free to be more subjective. I personally download tons of music, both paid for and free. Queensryche, however, is not a band worthy of eating up any of my bandwidth. Mindcrime and onwards is boring and overrated. This new stuff sounds uninspired and adding La Torre, who ia nothing more than a replicant of Tate and Midnight will not save these hacks from sounding like the DeGarmo-less bums that they are. Boom! You're welcome.

Paying for something makes you less objective? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:14 am 
Ist Krieg

Masshole McDinglenuts wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:

Oh my god. Your guys' debate will surely be enlightening :rolleyes:

Stick up his ass vs. old crank? Go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:45 pm 
Einherjar

traptunderice wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:

Who's who?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:31 pm 
The Commish

Just like the good ol' times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:40 pm 
Ist Krieg

Holy_Terror wrote:
traptunderice wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:

Who's who?
I think you kinda have a stick up your ass. That doesn't negate the possibility that Ken might have one lodged up there too, but...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:27 pm 
Einherjar

traptunderice wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:
traptunderice wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:

Who's who?
I think you kinda have a stick up your ass. That doesn't negate the possibility that Ken might have one lodged up there too, but...

Interesting. And why do you think that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:11 pm 
Ist Krieg

Holy_Terror wrote:
traptunderice wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:
traptunderice wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:

Who's who?

Really? You've always just come as a staunch purist. Maybe I'm wrong and have caricatured you. I don't lurk on the forum in which you most commonly post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:31 pm 
Einherjar

traptunderice wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:
traptunderice wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:
traptunderice wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:

Who's who?

Really? You've always just come as a staunch purist. Maybe I'm wrong and have caricatured you. I don't lurk on the forum in which you most commonly post.

Being a staunch purist and having a stick up your ass seem like two different things to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 am 
Metal Lord

Queensrÿche - Redemption (New Song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w4RfoUv9KU

Well, I don't hate it, that's for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:14 pm 
Metal Lord

It's a very good tune. Gets better with repeated listens. WAAAAAY better than Geoff's joke of an album. Holy shit, that one is bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:52 pm 
Einherjar

I went out and bought a copy of the 'deluxe cd set' and I'm giving this a first listen right now. It sounds like the best thing they've released in a very long time. I wouldn't be so quick to kick this album to the curb and declare the band nonsense because Todd is a 'sound-a-like'. If the music remains this good I'll take Todd any day of the week over Geoff Tate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:50 pm 
Metal Lord

Raven wrote:
I went out and bought a copy of the 'deluxe cd set' and I'm giving this a first listen right now. It sounds like the best thing they've released in a very long time. I wouldn't be so quick to kick this album to the curb and declare the band nonsense because Todd is a 'sound-a-like'. If the music remains this good I'll take Todd any day of the week over Geoff Tate.

Todd clearly isn't a soundalike, though. There are a few instances on the album where he's similar to Geoff, but overall he sounds nothing like him.

And the album is quite good. Not the best they've ever done, but easily the best post-DeGarmo album to date. It blows Frequency Unknown, American Soldier, and Dedicated to Chaos away, that's for sure.

The mix leaves a bit to be desired, though. It's brickwalled to hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:35 am 
Einherjar

Raven wrote:

Todd clearly isn't a soundalike, though. There are a few instances on the album where he's similar to Geoff, but overall he sounds nothing like him.

And the album is quite good. Not the best they've ever done, but easily the best post-DeGarmo album to date. It blows Frequency Unknown, American Soldier, and Dedicated to Chaos away, that's for sure.

The mix leaves a bit to be desired, though. It's brickwalled to hell.

I wouldn't categorize Todd as a sound-a-like either, my comments were directed to those who I know will inevitably try to do so. I like QR's new direction without Tate. My only complaint is that the album is too short, other than that I really like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:13 am 
Metal Lord

Yeah, it's short, but that's becoming industry standard these days, with albums averaging nine tracks.

I suspect, though, that this album is short because the band needed some sort of product prior to the court hearing in November. With Geoff rushing Frequency Unknown, even with its mostly shitty songs and shoddy production, to a judge it might have been in his favor if he was the only one producing new material, especially given the fact that he claims the other guys had lost interest.

So a new album, even a short one, that has a few months on the market will be good for the band. And it's quality, too, so that'll show.

I wonder how much it'll sell. Surely more than 5,500 copies in its first week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next