Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:02 pm

Post subject: DIVINEFIRE: Great Christian Metal!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:07 am 
I picked up the debut album from this Swedish band recently and it blew me away! Until this release I thought there were no more good Christian bands but was I wrong! They sound a bit like Mercenary but even more melodic. Check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:34 am 
Metal King

I heard that album when i was checking about Christian Rivel's band Narnia.As you said this album is a must have.And The Spirit is the best song.
Try Audiovision, not as good as this but worth a listen.It's the other project of Rivel.The songs Evil Or Divine and The Calling kills everything else on that record.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:42 pm 
Einherjar

Christian Metal....ha, it never ceases to amaze me how many stupid dichotomys the human mind can create. This is a farce, metal is best served with a steaming cup of satan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:45 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Holy_Terror wrote:
Christian Metal....ha, it never ceases to amaze me how many stupid dichotomys the human mind can create. This is a farce, metal is best served with a steaming cup of satan.

Well said. Why dilute the darkness?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:10 pm 
Ist Krieg

So you won't even consider it, even if the music is excellent, for the sole purpose that it's Christian?

I'm gonna check this band out. I've heard promising things from all across the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:27 pm 
Metal King

Legacy Of The Night wrote:
So you won't even consider it, even if the music is excellent, for the sole purpose that it's Christian?

I'm gonna check this band out. I've heard promising things from all across the board.

You do that,i definitely recommend it.As for me, if the music is that good i don't care much about the christian lyrics.It would be very narrow-minded if i ignore this band just because they write christian lyrics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:32 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

I was going to rant about how little the band's ideology affects the music here, but I've decided not to care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:25 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

It's not that they're Christian, so therefore they suck, it's just that Christian bands generally suck. Nothing racist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:41 am 
Metal Fighter

zadsterboombox wrote:
It's not that they're Christian, so therefore they suck, it's just that Christian bands generally suck. Nothing racist.

Theocracy might just be the best power metal album of 2003. Have you heard them? Listen to Mountain and The Serpent's Kiss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:00 am 
Einherjar

[quote="Legacy Of The Night"]So you won't even consider it, even if the music is excellent, for the sole purpose that it's Christian?

Exactly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:04 am 
Dont worry, HT, a lot of us feel the same way about anything satanic! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:27 am 
Einherjar

Blade wrote:

I doubt that, somehow.

Anyway... it's more that most, if not all Christian bands suck. Sure, Zao is an innovator in their field, but most Christian bands just show up and start playing in a style that others have already invented.

Always Christians first, musicians second.

Besides, Satan goes better with metal anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:34 am 
Dead Machine wrote:
Blade wrote:

I doubt that, somehow.

Anyway... it's more that most, if not all Christian bands suck. Sure, Zao is an innovator in their field, but most Christian bands just show up and start playing in a style that others have already invented.

Always Christians first, musicians second.

Besides, Satan goes better with metal anyway.

can we consider Extol a good band though they're Xtian ? imo they're are more leaders than followers... :roll:

and, yeah, apart from a few good bands, you're right, those christian kids just go ripping off a genre and praising their almighty Jesus Christ which always sounds kinda silly :lol: but, eventually, some Xtian come with good music. it's fine as long as you don't put too much attention in the crappy lyrics :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:48 am 
Einherjar

T.I.E. wrote:
can we consider Extol a good band though they're Xtian ? imo they're are more leaders than followers... :roll:

If I made an exception for Zao, why wouldn't I have made an exception for Extol, considering that both were innovators?

Post subject: christian metal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:07 pm 
the best are the showdown, leper, rackets and drapes, mortal treason, and as i lay dying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:09 pm 
Karma Whore

Holy_Terror wrote:

Exactly

holy_terror, i listened to 2 or 3 sauron songs-they kick ass!

Post subject: Re: christian metal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:05 pm 
Ist Krieg

MiXter wrote:
the best are the showdown, leper, rackets and drapes, mortal treason, and as i lay dying

I heard a song from Mortal Treason and was actually impressed with it, considering I'm not too much into Metalcore, but the piano was amazing. I'm considering buying their album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:56 pm 
Einherjar

Blade wrote:

What are you some kind of wimp??? Can't handle the occult can you? You need a positive message and lyrics that lift you up to the lord. In the words of Voivod...."Go shit, i'm not a fish" That probably means nothing to you because you've never heard Voivod...you were too busy praying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:18 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Holy_Terror wrote:
Blade wrote:

What are you some kind of wimp??? Can't handle the occult can you? You need a positive message and lyrics that lift you up to the lord. In the words of Voivod...."Go shit, i'm not a fish" That probably means nothing to you because you've never heard Voivod...you were too busy praying.

:lol: I think he was joking, though!

Post subject: Re: christian metal
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:50 pm 
Metal Lord

MiXter wrote:

I heard a song from Mortal Treason and was actually impressed with it, considering I'm not too much into Metalcore, but the piano was amazing. I'm considering buying their album.

Hey I know the bass player for mortal treson he lives about 20 minutes from me. I have talked to them before and they are moving away from metalcore to a more metal style. They all listen to the same stuff you guys like, it is just that they have just recently found this stuff (thank God for the Internet!) and all slowly eliminating all the "core" out of their sound. They are pretty young but in time they will have it for sure.

Neat to see them posted about on this site seeing as how I actually know them?
Cool