Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 pm

Post subject: Post-Dio Rainbow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:24 pm 
Ist Krieg

Opinions?

Personally I'm undecided. I have, in one form or another, three albums from this era - Down to Earth (which I found surprsingly good), Difficult to Cure (very disappointing) and today I bought Bent Out of Shape, which after one listen seems pretty good if, somewhat inconsistent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:31 am 
Karma Whore

I have Straight Between the Eyes on tape. I thought it sucked. Although, I'm not a big fan of Joe Lynn Turner, I find his voice boring. The music was also a little too "safe". I think they were trying to force a hit instead of letting it come naturally. When "Stone Cold" is one of the best songs, well, that says it all right there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:27 am 
Karma Whore

Well it sucks... kinda, i mean they not only changed their Vocalist (one of the best ones ever) they changed their style too,and thats when Rainbow started to suck, there are some good songs from post-Dio era but not as great as the ones they made with Dio.

P.S. some of you are going to flame me, but i like the song "Cant Happen Here" with Joe Lynn Turner :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:59 am 
Einherjar

Dont feel alone my friend, I think the song "Since You've Been Gone" is good also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:38 pm 
the main problem with Graham Bonnet is that he can't sing... it's so very obvious on every live recording he participated in that it hurts... he does better on his Rainbow album but got evicted after proving himself too ofltenly out of key for a perfectionist as Mr Blackmore...

then came the Joe Lynn Turner era... imo, Difficult to Cure is almost on par with the Dio era... Straight Between the Eyes & Bent Out of Shape have each a few good songs but are too radio-oriented to be great Rainbow albums... not bad though...

as for the last Rainbow album, can't remember who sang on this one, Douggie White or something ? :? , it should have never been released... not that it's that bad, it's just too average to fit a yet quite even discography... the good thing is Ritchie probably realised that and call it quits... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:27 pm 
Einherjar

He should stop being a prick and reunite the original Rainbow lineup....not for an album, but for some shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:32 pm 
Karma Whore

Holy_Terror wrote:
He should stop being a prick

That'll never happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:49 am 
Ist Krieg

Eternal Idol wrote:
Holy_Terror wrote:
He should stop being a prick

That'll never happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:04 am 
Karma Whore

Holy_Terror wrote:
Dont feel alone my friend, I think the song "Since You've Been Gone" is good also.

Yeah good song too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:11 pm 
Metal King

Stefan wrote:
the main problem with Graham Bonnet is that he can't sing... it's so very obvious on every live recording he participated in that it hurts... he does better on his Rainbow album but got evicted after proving himself too ofltenly out of key for a perfectionist as Mr Blackmore...

then came the Joe Lynn Turner era... imo, Difficult to Cure is almost on par with the Dio era... Straight Between the Eyes & Bent Out of Shape have each a few good songs but are too radio-oriented to be great Rainbow albums... not bad though...

as for the last Rainbow album, can't remember who sang on this one, Douggie White or something ? :? , it should have never been released... not that it's that bad, it's just too average to fit a yet quite even discography... the good thing is Ritchie probably realised that and call it quits... :twisted:

This last opinion on the last Rainbow album with Douggie White is so unMETAL, it hurts. This album is great,imo, but back then you probably were too busy listening to Nirvana to appreciate it .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:27 pm 
Karma Whore

stub wrote:
Stefan wrote:

This last opinion on the last Rainbow album with Douggie White is so unMETAL, it hurts. This album is great,imo, but back then you probably were too busy listening to Nirvana to appreciate it .

In b4 TAFM shitstorm :lol: