Metal Reviews

Newest and Best Metal Reviews!
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm

Post subject: Deep Purple - Machine Head (#1582)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:55 pm 
You're welcome to comment on:
Quote:
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Classic Metal
Quoted: CLASSIC

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:12 am 
the lyric of Smoke on the water refers to Frank Zappa, that´s refeared in the firts paragraph of the song.
It´s a funny story, whit a happy end, but when you read it a Zappa relates it, is not funny

http://www.thehighwaystar.com/rosas/jouni/discos/0lyrics/smoke.html[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:29 am 
well, that's a great review ! and the album is indeed worth his Classic status !

overall, I agree with your review but two tiny small details made me tick :
1- Deep Purple's keyboard sound maybe very influencial and they're probably the most successfull band using it. but then, Hammon B3 organ was heavily used in many prog/hard rock/psych bands starting from around 1967 (get informations here : http://www.gepr.net/geprfram.htm then use searchtool for Hammond)
2- Gillan is an excellent singer, no doubt about it, though the first to make this kind of vocals famous is Robert Plant... Sorry but Gillan took it after when Ritchie's wise brain decided he needed his Robert Plant ! :wink:

apart from that, I agree 100%.. they indeed gave birth to Prog Metal (while doing it simpler and melodically in much more pleasant way imo) and that's the one bad thing I would have to credit them with.. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:21 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

The Battle Rages On I think is their best album

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:33 am 
WinterIsComing wrote:

I'm very sorry to see that you're deaf, dumb, blind and completly stupid ! :evil:

when one knows so litle, one better keep his mouth shut ! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:37 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

The Immortal Emokid wrote:
WinterIsComing wrote:

I'm very sorry to see that you're deaf, dumb, blind and completly stupid ! :evil:

when one knows so litle, one better keep his mouth shut ! :twisted:

???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:42 am 
WinterIsComing wrote:
???

:shock: :shock: :shock:
WinterIsComing wrote:

(and if you can't get it then you're even more stupid that I thought... :roll: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:50 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

WinterIsComing wrote:
???

WinterIsComing wrote:

(and if you can't get it then you're even more stupid that I thought... :roll: )

well I admit I don't have all of their albums, but I can't imagine any of them being as good as The Battle Rages On. And the only idiot here is you for not tolerating other's opinions, pretty sad. To me The Battle Rages On is an awesome album, if you don't agree then it is your loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:21 am 
WinterIsComing wrote:
WinterIsComing wrote:
???

WinterIsComing wrote:

well I admit I don't have all of their albums, but I can't imagine any of them being as good as The Battle Rages On. And the only idiot here is you for not tolerating other's opinions, pretty sad. To me The Battle Rages On is an awesome album, if you don't agree then it is your loss.

I don't know what albums by DP you've heard but I'm sure you would judge BRO differently if you knew better... imo, it's their worst with Ian Gillan (except for Bananas but since Lord is gone too it's not DP anymore...)

the worst of all their albums being Slaves & Master with Joe Lynn "Does My Hair Look Fine ?" Turner... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:29 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

WinterIsComing wrote:
WinterIsComing wrote:
???

WinterIsComing wrote:

I don't know what albums by DP you've heard but I'm sure you would judge BRO differently if you knew better... imo, it's their worst with Ian Gillan (except for Bananas but since Lord is gone too it's not DP anymore...)

the worst of all their albums being Slaves & Master with Joe Lynn "Does My Hair Look Fine ?" Turner... :evil:

I do know at least a great album when I hear one. The Battle Rages On for some reason is very underrated, but it is actually excellent. And it is your loss that you are too deaf or too stupid to see that. What according to you is their best?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:35 am 
I have a thing for In Rock since it was my first DP album and it includes my two fav' DP songs : Speed King & Child in Time...

then, Fireball, Machine Head, Who Do You Think We Are & Burn are all great classics ! :D

after the 1984 reformation, my fav are House of Blue Light (imo their most underrated) & Purpendicular (without Blackmore but Steve Morse does and excellent job on this one !)

and about BRO, I think I don't like it because I judge it refering to the whole DP works.... then it sounds weak & kinda useless just as Abandon & Bananas or the pathetic Slaves & Masters... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:45 am 
Banned Mallcore Kiddie

I have a thing for In Rock since it was my first DP album and it includes my two fav' DP songs : Speed King & Child in Time...

then, Fireball, Machine Head, Who Do You Think We Are & Burn are all great classics ! :D

after the 1984 reformation, my fav are House of Blue Light (imo their most underrated) & Purpendicular (without Blackmore but Steve Morse does and excellent job on this one !)

and about BRO, I think I don't like it because I judge it refering to the whole DP works.... then it sounds weak & kinda useless just as Abandon & Bananas or the pathetic Slaves & Masters... :evil:

Purpendicular is shit compared to The Battle Rages On. Purpendicular got like 2 or 3 interesting/excellent songs(particularly Loosen my Strings), the rest is filler and junk. I know what I heard from samples and from their other albums and I am pretty sure to me The Battle Rages On is their best--just more my style than their other cds. Although Knocking at Your Back Door comes pretty close, but it is a best of... album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:06 am 
Metal King

What do you think of Stormbringer and Come Taste the Band?and btw why don't you like Bananas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:06 am 
Metal King

What do you think of Stormbringer and Come Taste the Band?and btw why don't you like Bananas?