Quote:
Iron Fire - Metalmorphosized
Power Metal
Quoted: 55 / 100

Click here to see the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:19 am 
Ist Krieg

I've always wondered what people saw/heard in these guys. I bought To The Grave last year and regretted it after numerous listens of forcing myself to justify my purchase. Their singer is kind of annoying, their music is ok... not surprised by this review and score.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:37 am 
Metal King

I loved To the Grave, very sad to hear they haven't been able to keep up the quality. My guess is they just don't have anything more to say about Power Metal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:30 am 
Metal Fighter

I was really looking forward to this album after the excellent "To the Grave"...damn, what went wrong here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:41 am 
Einherjar

GeneralDiomedes wrote:
I loved To the Grave, very sad to hear they haven't been able to keep up the quality. My guess is they just don't have anything more to say about Power Metal.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. Kind of surprised you didn't like To the Grave, Ness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:08 am 
Metal Lord

Only heard one of theirs and found it to be a mixed back with some very good tracks, but not enough to impress me enough and get their others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:53 am 
Einherjar

I only listened to Thunderstorm a few times and although it had its moments I didn't like it at all. So I think this is a pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:22 pm 
Ist Krieg

Orion wrote:
GeneralDiomedes wrote:

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. Kind of surprised you didn't like To the Grave, Ness.

I didn't hate it. I just didn't think it was as great as everybody was making it out to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:42 am 
MetalReviews Staff

To The Grave is good, but there's definitely a possibility that a lot of the love it got was a result of low expectations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:31 am 
Metal Fighter

Jake wrote:
To The Grave is good, but there's definitely a possibility that a lot of the love it got was a result of low expectations.

I disagree, it was a really good album. Ive just listened to this album, the reviewer is right...this isnt impressive at all.

Post subject: I have to disagree with some of you as well as the review
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:02 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Iron Fire has highs and lows, and while the second album was really bad, Thunderstorm trumps over almost anything Hammerfall ever made, except the two first albums that are stellar, but Thunderstorm is TOTALLY in the league of Glory to the Grave (the Thunderstorm cover actually being similar, if much less well executed) and Legacy of Kings. But when they released that crappy second album, no fan understood, I still don't understand. To the Grave is an AWESOME album, definitely one of the band's best and not far from Thunderstorm's quality. Now sure, Martin's voice isn't for everyone, it's a love or hate kind of deal, and I personally love it.

The latest album is DEFINITELY worth more than 55 / 100 ! Its lower in quality than its predecessor but maybe it's because it must have been rushed. That's the feeling I get from listening to it, that it needed a few more months to attain it's potential, and let's not forget most songs are a repository of songs that didn't make it into old albums, reworked to the new sound and they overall sound good though there is a missing consistency, unlike To The Grave or Thunderstorm. But in the end it's a good album, it's still my third favorite of the band after Thunderstorm and To The Grave (in that order).

Anyway, just my 2 cents, this album is a 80 / 100 for me, it could have been better but I believe Iron Fire will deliver a much stronger album next ! At least I sure hope so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:49 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

metalNESS wrote:
Orion wrote:
GeneralDiomedes wrote:

I didn't hate it. I just didn't think it was as great as everybody was making it out to be.

Then you clearly must listen to it more :). To the Grave is fantastic, but I know Martin Steene vocals are an aquired taste that is for sure. I would also listen to Thunderstom, I mean that is their debut and still their best album. Listen to Metal Victory first and tell me you don't like the riff :).

I have to admit that this album is a disappointment after To the Grave, but I find it good nonetheless, it needs multiple listens though and won't stay engraved in my mind, and I think it will attract dust in my collection. But Iron Fire is one thing, they are inconsistent, they perfectly showed that from the beginning with the horrible second album... I read on their site that the new album will be their best, it scares me already as I seriously doubt they can top either Thunderstorm or To the Grave. I just got the promo a few days ago, I haven't found the time to listen to it though, I will probably do that soon.

Just my 2 cents.
Chris

PS : really, listen to Thunderstorm three times in a row, and let me know what you think of Iron Fire after that :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:56 am 
Ist Krieg

Actually, I do like this 2 years later. The vocals grew on me, the album purchase has been 'justified.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 pm 
MetalReviews Staff

Ness wrote:
Actually, I do like this 2 years later. The vocals grew on me, the album purchase has been 'justified.'

Told you :)... Iron Fire is an acquired taste, and it takes a while to sink in... but when it does it's there to stay. Thunderstorm has been played so many times it's engraved directly into my brain and will stay there until the day I die :), hopefully not too soon though :P.